Search results

  1. Durable rubbers

    L-zr, If I may ask, what is the equivalent Rakza series to the Donic Bluefire M & Tibhar's Evolution MX-P Series ( my current goto rubber ). The durable rubber preposition is very exciting for me. Thanks.
  2. Crispest Blade you have used

    Why use the term crispiest? I always associate crispiness with food like Fried Chicken etc.
  3. Carbon vs Wood

    The eternal question of wood vs carbon. Carbon is Sexy Groot er I meant to say Wood is cute How to choose? How to choose?
  4. Done with EJ(for a while)

    Give me blue sponge or give me death - Patrick Henry, American Politician
  5. Which video did you find more interesting to watch

    Just curious Bzing, what is the purpose of this poll?
  6. Done with EJ(for a while)

    Cough, ahem, Friendship Battle 2 Provincial Blue Sponge, cough!
  7. Which video did you find more interesting to watch

    This is very true from my own personal experience. I have played with Chinese tacky rubber on BH before as well as ESN rubber on BH ( current set up ). I will use BH as a better example because you cannot use too much momentum compared with FH as you have less space to swing your arm. Having a...
  8. Which video did you find more interesting to watch

    Bzing, Both videos are wonderful to spectate. However, for the purpose of polling, I went with the second video. My reasons later. What I do find interesting between these two videos are that they highlight very clearly the playing style of the Chinese and European. My amateurish thought is...
  9. BH rubber advice

    Because: 1. I can 2. I want to 3. I love participating in this wonderful TT forum / community 4. There is no pre-determined condition on who can post reply or not in this thread Carl, As a mod, you can decide whether you want this forum to be like Starbucks where everyone can come and drink a...
  10. Why are there restrictions for pips out rubbers?

    deleted due double posting
  11. Why are there restrictions for pips out rubbers?

    IB66, Your post is kinda depressing to read. It reads "all players eventually will play pips out in their old age" and is ominous to me. 30 years down the line, I am trying to imagine Zhang Jike playing pips out in a white singlet, one ciggies hanging out of his left lips, with a slight...
  12. Why are there restrictions for pips out rubbers?

    From a spectator point of view, imagine this: Player serves, LP stands casually and blocks, then the ball goes over short, the receiving player moves in to push and immediately the ball just dive down into the net. Repeat this many times. As a spectator I have no idea what happened but what I...
  13. BH rubber advice

    I just so happened to have R45 on my BH ( lovely Green colour I'd say so myself ). I am getting a R48 for FH use, which I bought online and the shipment is currently in transit. I can't speak about R48 yet as I have not got a chance to play with it however I can say that with R45 on my BH, it...
  14. BH rubber advice

    First off, very nice rally. Hats off to you my man! For your style, choose T05 if you use a lot of spin based return ( BH drive / counter-loop ) or T25 if you prefer the punchy / slappy type return. From the video, I see more of the BH drive type you use, so my uneducated guess should be T05.
  15. Why are there restrictions for pips out rubbers?

    Kindly indulge me a little as I came in late into the game, i.e., I came into this game post many-many rules change. In a way, I am a player of the modern era of TT. If frictionless pimples is an issue, and players who loves playing with them why don't they just slap on a anti-spin rubber? I...
  16. What is blade best for loop and control

    Still Tibhar's Stratus Powerwood with both side Donic Baracuda. Most controlled looping set-up ever ( Euro style ).NB: I had good memories of this set-up.
  17. Chinese meaning in equipment reviews

    This brings back hilarious memories during my first couple of lessons. My coach to some extend uses Chinese terms and I came from Western term ( as I read mainly English material source regarding TT ). Once upon a time he told me don't push the ball, topspin back. The thing is his term push...
  18. No progress

    I have played for eight years and for the first seven years my FH, BH and everything else suxs. Hang in there buddy. As Adam Bobrow always says, " Peace and Keep on Ponging "
  19. Help with forehand topspin

    Video is very helpful to establish context. Are you a young player? Sometimes it takes a while to let the muscles memory establish / ingrained into your psyche.
  20. Forehand topspin loop

    This is a very unusual problem. A video would very helpful to establish context, for example, are you an elderly player with pre-existing illness that limit mobility?
Top