Search results

  1. Looking for high arc rubber

    But does Donic Baracuda has strong catapult effect? To my mind, it doss not.
  2. Help on reading serve?

    At my side here, I have issues with illegal serves. Many of my club mates especially old / veteran uncles, remnants from the speed-glue and 38mm celluloid era will serve no toss ball, hidden serves etc. It is not that they do that on purpose, but old habit dies hard. One may call them out, but...
  3. Looking for high arc rubber

    Guys & Girls, I Want to find out: Which rubber has high throw or high arching trajectory with strong catapult effect and is cheaper than T05. High arching trajectory to make slow spinny loop for opening up with safe and deep placement. Strong catapult effect for powerful smash to finish...
  4. looking for a new blade

    I am truly sorry as I am never a user of the Carbonado series, hence unable to give you further feedback. I am the Long V user; this one is made for the other type of offensive player.
  5. What do you think about this setup????

    FH: Nice! Now you will frustrate your opponent with low trajectory, fast spinny loop. BH: You can push and push with spinny variation to frustrate your opponent or you can BH chiquita due to the tacky rubber, however, what happens when you are forced away from table at your BH side? What will...
  6. Which is faster? Tenergy or old speed glue rubbers?

    This long stroke and short stroke discussion piqued my interest and I wish to contribute my input on this matter as I understand it. I'll use the concept of two jet fighter taxing on the runway. One is on a land based runway, the other is on an air-craft carrier runway. The final outcome is...
  7. Which player should I model my forehand after?

    i) Six footer - checked ii) Good physical shape - checked iii) Long stroke - checked There are plenty of Tall, lanky, good physical shape long stroke European player you can model after. i) Emmanuel Lehbesson ( FRA ), Liam Pitchford ( ENG ), Dimitri Ovtcharov ( GER ), Franziska Patrick ( GER...
  8. Rakza 7 alternatives

    Love blocking and spin insensitive? Short pimple or anti? Or Mark V 1.8mm. Good for passive blocking playstyle.
  9. looking for a new blade

    Disclaimer: Strictly my personal opinion and bias is to be expected If one comes from DHS blade such as Power G7, Hao, Long 3 etc, then Long V is the natural upgrade. If you see my info, I am a Long V user. I love it to bits for its wonderful ergonomic handle feeling in my hands. Don't know...
  10. looking for a new blade

    Theo aka Merrs Thread Starter, I mentioned Butterfly's Viscaria because this is one of the most popular blade used by pros in modern table-tennis or in recent time. Most famous user is of course none other than current IITF ranked No. 1: Mr Fan Zhendong. Many other CNT members also uses it...
  11. Rakza 7 alternatives

    More spin & speed on BH rubber?There can only be one, the one and only: Tenergy 05; choose the Hard version if you can handle the speed while compromising control.
  12. looking for a new blade

    V I S C A R I A or C A R B O N A D O
  13. Tips for transition strokes

    A shakehand grip will inherently have a weakness at the cross-over point. There is no way to escape it, you are doomed! You opponent will always exploit this inherent weakness and target this spot wherever you are, there is no escape from it, unless.... You move your legs! The above or just...
  14. Looking for a Good BH Rubber

    Top 10 Best Backhand Rubber for Modern Table Tennis • PingSunday Just choose one from the above listing. The gold standard for BH is of course the ubiquitous quintessential Butterfly Tenergy 05. As for me personally, T05 is too bouncy and difficult to control and I had settled for Donic...
  15. Introduce yourself to the forum! :)

    I started playing TT in high school recreationally, without any coaching. It was just fellow students and I horsing around at the canteen TT table during recess. It is what you westerner would say: garage or basement player type. I continued this trend even in college, also playing at the...
  16. Forehand or Backhand

    Reasons to play a pivot FH topspin on the BH corner ( for a right-handed player ) 1) You'll look darn cool. Your play mates will surely say, wow! That is a good point Gozo! 2) You'll feel darn satisfied and feel good even if you lose the game 3) A full FH topspin is not easy to defend. Even...
  17. TT training

    Fitness is an issue? No problem as I have seen some pretty successful out of shape individuals who stand close to the table, both feet planted solidly on the spot the whole time and just block back all the topspin shot using anti-spin or long pimple rubbers.
  18. Gym ball & Resistance Band

    Good evening friend Carl, First I must thank you for teaching me that stretching to help solve an ache in my right upper hip / buttock area. The dull pain is still there whenever after I play TT but it is not bothering me much once I perfom that stretching you taught me, OK, back to my main...
  19. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo - Soft

    Hello friend Pieter, I have a piece of DHS H3 37 degrees boosted on the BH side of a Palio brand 5 ply all wood blade that is very cheap and I mainly use it for experimentation nowadays. I originally bought for my young kid to play TT but he never showed any interest at all. Sorry I...
  20. Wally Rebounder

    Sigh, that is all I could do these days as after 3 months my area is still under continuous Covid Lockdown and I am stuck playing with rebounding board at home until today. My FH topspin is my weak stroke and I hope after 3 months of continuous hitting topspin against the rebounding board, I...
Top