Search results

  1. How good is this rubber?

    Friend, There are hundred of rubbers out there and it is a daunting task to search for the best rubber for you. If you open a thread each time to ask a specific rubber, you will be akin to spamming this website, yes? So, here I will give you links for some guides. Enjoy. I personally use this...
  2. Need a purchase advice

    If FH use the max thickness no question about it but for BH it depends on your play style. If you are a blocker type, then 1.8mm for better control; if you are a looper / attacking BH, then 2.0mm for the vroom power. As for me, I'll max out both side coz I wanna go berserk and attack without a...
  3. Need a purchase advice

    Go with Tibhar Stratus Wood and put two Rakza 7 on it. You'll be a happy ponger! As for your kids, if they are under tutelage of coach, let the coach advise.
  4. Advice on choosing a budget 5-ply all-wood ALL+ blade for my son

    I would personally vouch for Stiga Classic Allround WRB and here are my reasons: i) It is cheap and will not burn a hole in your pocket. ii) It is a very customisable blade. Should you want to play Euro-looping style, no problem! Just put on Donic M1 and M2 and voila. Should you want to play...
  5. Soft rubber suggestion

    Soft rubber: 1) Soft Mushy rubber without power sponge: Yasaka Mark V 2) Soft Mushy rubber with power sponge: Donic Bluefire M3, Acuda S3 or any of those Donic rubber marked "3" e.g., M3, S3, Z3 etc... 3) Modern rubber Tenergy 05fx, 64fx, 80fx note the 'FX' marking 4) On the chinese side of...
  6. Best blade?

    There exist such player type as I described earlier and there also exist such player type as described by Carl and there also exist some players in between these two extremes hence to each his own. May you be well and happy, live long and prosper friend.
  7. Best blade?

    Something I want to add about using Butterfly rubber. You may think I am joking or pulling a fast one about using only Tenergy or Dignics on these top of the line premium blade, but, please hear me out. Harimoto, Ovtcharov or any of these top of the line blade from Butterfly are what we can...
  8. Less spin with hard sponge?

    Disclaimer: I am not a student of engineering nor physical sciences. All the above scientific talk or smart talk makes me goes bonkers and produces headache trying to understand them. However, my very simple man in the street observation, Timo Boll & Xu Xin two of those very well known having...
  9. Best blade?

    If you scream like Harimoto then you should... If you moan like Ovtcharov then you should... As for rubber, it would be blasphemous to use any non-Butterfly rubber, preferable Dignics and / or Tenergy. 😁
  10. Less spin with hard sponge?

    Let's take Timo Boll. His ball is super spinny, yes? He uses Tenergy 05 Hard. It is considered a hard rubber and non-tacky, yes? How come his return is still so spinny? Surely it is not an equipment malfunction issue, no?
  11. Forehand or Backhand

    Use your FH to set up, BH to get the points then. FH to block, fish, push, snake etc. BH to loop kill
  12. What is my USA rating?

    Psst! It is a US thingy. Hear hear! I too have no idea. However, I am not sure what MOG aka thread starter's intention was? I mean if he really wants to find out, could not he just look up USTTA website and look for his own name to find it out. Or perhaps he wants us, the forumers to guess his...
  13. Dhs h8-80

    Oh! For me, if I use Chinese tacky rubber, I will put the hardest commercially available on a flexy blade with ALL+ / OFF- rating, typically 5 ply all-wood.
  14. Dhs h8-80

    Wow! Impressive. You are truly a fanboy of DHS and Chinese tacky rubber. I have a further question. The conventional wisdom is to use tension or softer rubber for the backhand, however, I find that using hard tacky chinese rubber on BH can produce some spectacular killer backhand loop kill...
  15. DHS pg6x, pg3t, 301t, pg5x, 301 and 506 x what are the differences?

    If you want to try carbon blade without spending a fortune, your go to blade would be the from Yinhe brand.
  16. Dhs h8-80

    I sure hope someone can do a write up on the different types of Hurricane rubber. Like its characteristic and what sort of play style it is suitable for and whether is better for BH or FH. I get confused with H2, H3, H8, Skyline, TG etc.... I have only used H3 & H2. Both classic & neo version.
  17. Who has the best backhand in tabletennis?

    For sheer POWAH! It has to be FZD & Dima.
  18. What move to do when your tomahawk serve is returned

    Dima's tomohawk serve is like this: It is an under side spin and if you were to return passively or casually, a slight touch and the ball will fly to the receiver BH side and out of the table. The server gets an easy point. Or else it will spin into the net. If you are spin sensitive and return...
  19. What move to do when your tomahawk serve is returned

    What the thread starter is thinking is ace serve.. He is trying to achieve ace serves to win his points and hopefully his game. However as you move up the ranks, this becomes harder and harder. The better players begins to know how to read spin and return appropriately. It is better to learn...
Top