Search results

  1. Getting back into TT properly with the DHS Neo Hurricane 3

    Hi Latej & Carl, I am still doing the stretch Carl shown but have not tried the frog pose because it looks ouchy! The stretch that Carl shown, when performed by me, tends to hit at the right spot. Thanks Carl. Oh! By the way, I have tried to do the Sumo Squat to help open up my hips. Is...
  2. What move to do when your tomahawk serve is returned

    I wish to share my experience. When I first started TT, there is this fellow in the club who beats most newbies with his super-duper killer side spin serve. These days, once I learn how to loop back his super duper side even with underspin serve, it is basically game over for him. Why? Coz he...
  3. Who has the best backhand in tabletennis?

    Dimitri Ovtcharov Liam Pitchford on the European side.
  4. Rubber Recommendations for LGY ALC?

    Oh how blasphemous! Using non Butterfly rubber on Butterfly flagship products? All your warranty will be null & void with immediate effect. 🤣🤣🤣
  5. Getting back into TT properly with the DHS Neo Hurricane 3

    Thank you very much friend Carl. I tried it just now and the stretching shown really hit the spot on the pain area. I can really feel the stretch at the sore area. It feels good after the stretch. Will try a few more days and tell you about the effect.
  6. Getting back into TT properly with the DHS Neo Hurricane 3

    I was at my rebounding board doing my FH topspin as usual today and I did pay particular attention to the source of pain this round. It seems the pain is there when I play my topspin and I notice distinctively pushing / digging my dominant ball of my foot into the ground and pivot at the same...
  7. i want buy DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National (blue sponge)

    Nooooooo! Stay away from these so called Nat Ver H3 as the possibility of encountering fake is very high. Instead, do consider Friendship Battle 2 blue sponge ( Provincial Version ) or the Nittaku Hurricane 3 Turbo Pro Blue Sponge which IMHO is just as good, if not better. Furthermore more...
  8. Concern about down the line forehand

    I have encountered these type of topspin before as you described. Yes, it looks like a no spin ball and boy it is darn deceptive. Got caught by these many times as these type of return, the recipient can very easily misjudge the distance and bounce.
  9. Forehand loop

    Brian’s FH looks clean and technical. You can learn something from him. However to say the pros couldn’t fetch points from his FH loops is too far fetch.Taking of the 3rd ball is indeed ideal but to do that you have to prepare for it. I meant to say you have to start with your serve and position...
  10. Concern about down the line forehand

    I am saying this from the perspective of a Right Handed Shakehand player. Leftie & Penholder, you go figure it yourself. For cross-court, you stand facing rather square or less than 45 degrees towards the table. Your swing is natural towards the direction of cross-court. For down the line you...
  11. Getting back into TT properly with the DHS Neo Hurricane 3

    Yeah the sore muscle sensation is on my dominant leg. The other leg ( left ) is fine with no abnormal sensation.
  12. Getting back into TT properly with the DHS Neo Hurricane 3

    Serious question: If after playing; my legs ( calves specifically ) is heavy and taut and my buttock is sore, I am using power from the ground or am I using upper body strength too much?
  13. I cannot win

    I also went through the same experience like you. When I first started I could not FH nor do much. I was the official club ball picker. I pick up balls more than hit the ball. Those were the time when most people would avoid playing with me because I sucks at TT initially. Sure brings back memories.
  14. Should I change to Chinese rubber on the forehand?

    Oh I see. To put it easy for you, if you are under a coach and he is himself using Chinese tacky rubber, and he can teach you techniques suitable for such rubber; then go ahead and use it. If your coach uses ESN rubber himself, then stick with ESN. If you do not have a coach and play mainly...
  15. Should I change to Chinese rubber on the forehand?

    So you are bored with Automatic Transmission car and now want to drive a manual gear car to play around with stick shift, drifting etc eh?
  16. Positioning

    I am the opposite, I am BH dominant or rather, strong BH, weak FH. I rely a lot of my BH for taking points and my FH acts as a set up / support. However, during this 3 months Covid19 lockdown in my country, I have no chance to play TT with live opponents, I have to rely solely on the...
  17. Positioning

    Move your legs. Look at how those J-Pen players with only one side rubber. They have to move their legs to cover the two wings with their FH generally.
  18. Frictionless Anti players

    Amazing game. Good one Andrea. Very entertaining! 😍
  19. Frictionless Anti players

    Hello Andrea, Nice play my friend. May I ask you, what then is a good blade to pair with anti-rubber. BTW, what brand of anti are you using?
  20. Equipment Help Needed - Trying to Get Back Into TT

    If I knew now what I know when I first start my TT career, I would have just bought Tibhar Stratus Powerwood and use Rakza 7 on both FH & BH and stick with it.
Top