Search results

  1. Slow down, you are not a pro...

    Hear hear. The title of this thread should be quite clear, it is meant for the hobbyists or enthusiasts. Slow down and play the spin. Enjoy the game, not the win.
  2. Slow down, you are not a pro...

    Mine is black sponge.
  3. Slow down, you are not a pro...

    I ran an experiment today. I took out my son's Jr blade ( Palio KC1 ) and slap on H3 soft as BH and Globe 999 41 degrees hardness as FH. Basically I am testing out Emrathich's theory where he states the best set-up is flexy blade with hard sponge rubber. I played on my return board for this...
  4. Glue advice please

    I've found my ideal glue in Butterfly Free Chack 2, no hassle, easy to use. Rubber peels of clean and easy from my blade with almost no residue.
  5. EJs who have found the perfect setup?

    Speaking of EJ'ing: What rubber goes when with One ply Hinoki Shakehand e.g. Darker or Tibhar H-1-9? Tensor or Chinese Tacky?
  6. Timo Bill Spirit vs Lin Gaoyuan ALC

    One is when you play like a Gentleman; the other for when you want to go full on GOD mode. 😁😁😁
  7. EJs who have found the perfect setup?

    Yes I am cured of the EJ disease. Now I have settled nicely amongst my seven set-ups. I play them interchangeably, depending on my mood, my opponent type, whether I am super charged up on that particular day or lazy and lethargic. I'd realised that I am just a regular club hobbyist and I am not...
  8. Slow down, you are not a pro...

    Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it.
  9. Slow down, you are not a pro...

    Hi TT community, My country is now under lockdown as the COVID numbers is getting into the worrisome level. As such, TT clubs nationwide are closed for business. Without my regular mates for playing TT, I have to go back to playing solo against my rebounding boards. I took out some of my old...
  10. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    And not to mention; no one has that beautiful reverse tomohawk serve like Ding Ning. She is an awesome player and I truly hope she returns as CNT coach.
  11. Coach Lin

    There are many YT sites where a certain coach will show you some perfect techniques and these vids do cater to a specific segment of players; i.e., beginners who are learning the sport. After a while there are only so many techniques to learn. Just like chess, after you learn all the moves of...
  12. What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

    At the not so pro level, Xiom Vega Europe is a good BH alternative to T05. And more friendly to the pocket too.
  13. Xiom Vega Europe alternative

    How do you make something that is better than a perfect one? One of the best BH rubber I have played with and is priced reasonably too...
  14. Nittaku acoustic blade - any good?

    Not good for flat hitting, it is a looping blade.
  15. Best way to maintain H3 neo tackiness

    My chinese tacky rubber is still very tacky even after one year of use. I use the DHS cleaner after each session and then cover it with a plastic protective sheet. Once a month I apply a light layer of Falco Life Extender.
  16. Nittaku acoustic blade - any good?

    Ha ha ha... sorry. Didn't notice the date. I just tried the blade not too long ago. So the feeling and memory is still fresh in my mind.
  17. Nittaku acoustic blade - any good?

    Yes I have tried it. One of my club-mate has it and he puts two sheets of Chinese tacky rubber; 729 brand IIRC on the blade. One rubber being hard for FH use and the other soft for BH use. I played one game ( best of five ) with it and these are my thoughts: 1) Blocking is amazing as it is...
  18. Martial Arts & TT

    Martial arts uses the core to generate the power required to executed flawless technique. TT uses the core ( waist ) to generate the power required to topspin for a winner. Coincidence?
  19. Is it time for a faster blade?

    After serving me for five years, I still bring my first custom blade i.e., Stiga All round to competition despite owning faster blades.The feeling this blade gives is unparalleled. I prefer feeling over speed.
  20. Finding a more solid version of Fastarc G1

    I find the Mark V too mushy for my taste coming from DHS NH3 40 degree hardness experience. Also the Euro/Jpn manufacturer seems to have abandon the non-tensor segment completely. My beef with these tensor offering is that they product a non-linear correlation between force input and outcome...
Top