Search results

  1. EuroJap rubber for FH

    Euro rubber for beginner? Sure: Do consider Donic Baracuda to learn how to spin the ball properly which, to me is the most enjoyable part of the sport TT. Read my signature: I use Donic Baracuda on both side of my blade. It cost about USD30 per piece and I am unsure how much it is when it is...
  2. Should I play short pips or inverted?

    I wanna pen my two cents. When Matthias Falck came into the scene and won Ma Long the Dictator is a ITTF major event, I was intrigued and tried buying a cheap Short Pip ( Yinhe brand ) and glue it to my blade. The result was disastrous for me as I even lost 11-1 to a regular club mate of mine...
  3. Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

    How about this plot twist: FZD to ML: I am feelin charitable tonight, I'll take the silver. I want to have another Grand Slam winner in our camp. This is my parting retirement gift to you. ML to FZD: Thanks a million brother. Let's get the Team Gold together, shall we?
  4. Tokyo Olympics 2020 | Draw | Results & More

    I know that there is an ongoing battle to curb illegal boosting of rubber at high level tournament. I thought of an idea. Hear me out:How about asking the players to glue their blade with fresh rubber straight from unopened factory packaging like 1/2 hour before game in front of the officials /...
  5. Does tacky rubber slow down improvement?

    Hi everyone,I just want to share my experience as a TT player ( I started around six years ago ). My first rubber was the Japanese rubber TSP Ventus spin which was recommended by a local coach from my city's TT association. After playing a while, my EJ'ing nature made me switch to European...
  6. Please advise on my equipment upgrade

    If you find you like the DHS rubber and wishes to remain using chinese tacky rubber but think the blade is a bit slow, then you can move on to Stiga Infinity VPS , Stiga Clipper CR or Stiga Carbonado ( in ascending degree of speed rating ).If you think you the chinese tacky rubber does not suit...
  7. help with forehand technique

    I too have been playing a lot on a rebounding board as my country is under complete lockdown for more than a month now. I will share with you what my coach tell me when using the rebounding board: 1) Keep your knees bent, as a guide, your waist should be lower or or on par with the table...
  8. Need Help Choosing First Custom Racket

    If you want to emulate Ma Long style: 1) DHS Power G7 2) DHS Hurricane Hao 3 3) Nittaku Acoustic all wood 3) and finally you reach the final frontier - DHS Long 5x which is what ML is currently using. The prior three are what ML had used before in his TT pro career before coming to DHSL5x so I...
  9. Best glue for Rakza 7?

    I have been using Butterfly Free Chack 2 for some time now and I am very happy with it. Easy to apply and most important, easy to remove rubber with it leaving residue that is easily removed. So far all the rubber sheets that are glued do not come off. Very happy with its performance thus far.
  10. Bat Weight?

    The heaviest I have played with is 218g. It was an old Nittaku ( maybe Violin or Acountic ) blade with two sides H3. Very nice to loop but I'd reckon if play in match, especially if prolonged seven match, can be tiring.
  11. Which <70€ Allwood 5-ply among these would you recommend ?

    I have played with a Tibhar Stratus Power Wood paired with Donic Baracuda and Xiom Vega Europe before. My memory of it was a very nice controlled offensive set up. It was easy to play, you can play according to your rhythm and not have this hurried feeling. I have fond memories of playing with...
  12. Best BH rubber ?

    I was happily happily EJ'ing away with godsknowswhat I have tried: Tenergy 05, 05Fx, 05Hard, 80, 80Fx, Joola Rhyzm, Rakza 7, H3, M2, etc. In the end, I still ended up with Donic Baracuda, my old favourite / reliable buddy who has never let me down all these years. It is like one has the...
  13. Best BH rubber ?

    What is BTF? Top 10 Best Backhand Rubber for Modern Table Tennis • PingSunday Read this article, all your queries answered.
  14. Darker Blades – H3Neo compatibility?

    Today is my inaugural practice with my DS9 as it arrive on my doorstep this morning. It is amazingly easy to play with the blade in the sense it is so so so controllable. I really have no idea what One ply hinoki feels like and wasn't sure if it is a hitting or looping blade. I am playing two...
  15. Darker Blades – H3Neo compatibility?

    I am having a trigger happy moment and I am about to hit the buy button for Darker Speed 90 but something is stopping me; I have no idea what rubber to put on it. I asked my vendor and he said anything goes, which to me isn't that helpful. So, after thinking and pondering about it for...
  16. Short and Long Stroke Players

    Something further for me to add: 1. A long stroker would probably benefit from a more flexy blade with tacky rubber which produces a spinnier curvature ( low throw ) trajectory. 2. A short stroker would benefit from a stiffer blade and bouncier rubber if his / her playstyle is a hitter. 3...
  17. Short and Long Stroke Players

    Here is my take: Short stroke: Elbow is closer to the body, Better control and faster recovery time. Best for those who play fast counter attacker near table style. Example Harimoto and many female pro players uses this style. Long stroke: Elbow is further from body. Utilise whole body...
  18. Noob, Amateur, bad player needs Equipment Advise

    want a slow set up? Yasaka Ma Lin Offensive; choose the five ply all wood instead of the seven play. Glue two sheets of Yasaka Mark V. Should be a slow & controllable set up for hobbyist.
  19. Noob, Amateur, bad player needs Equipment Advise

    want a slow set up? Yasaka Ma Lin Offensive; choose the five ply all wood instead of the seven play. Glue to sheets of Yasaka Mark V. Should be a slow & controllable set up for hobbyist.
  20. Is there an alternative to Tenergy 05fx now?

    No No No, you are all wrong. As what Connor Macleod of the Highlander series says, "There can only be one". And that will be the one and only Xiom Vega Europe, add DF if you want extra spin. 😂
Top