Search results

  1. What tt rubbers and blades do you think are the most overpriced that are still being produced?

    Reasonably priced rubbers: most of the Xiom Vega range, Fastarc series, Rakza 7 and Z. Maybe controversially, I think Butterfly rubbers are reasonably priced, in the sense that there isn't quite any other rubbers which have both the same performance + durability. Yinhe is also good value. They...
  2. What tt rubbers and blades do you think are the most overpriced that are still being produced?

    Nothing is overpriced. The player with the most expensive setup wins every time.
  3. Is it fine to keep a blade for a very long time?

    Don't be fooled by Big Rubber, your blade is beautiful just the way it is.
  4. NO MORE HIDDEN TOSS. Give a try to the updated service rule.

    The most logical change would be to make the rule that the ball should be always visible from the centre-point of the table on the receiver's side. That way both the server and the receiver know the exact boundary between legal and illegal, and it only takes a single fixed camera to accurately...
  5. Rubbers for all+ blade (yasaka sweden extra)

    Vega Europe should be 42.5 degrees, Europe DF is about 37.5. I wouldn't ever recommend lower than 40 degrees ESN for either wing for someone who likes to play any offensive type of shots from there. Some people do like to play a very controlled backhand and rely on their other wing to attack...
  6. Rubbers for all+ blade (yasaka sweden extra)

    Yasaka Sweden Extra was my first blade, it's very controlled and I think almost anyone could learn control in the short game with rubbers like Rakza 7 Soft, Vega Europe or Powergrip SFX. They are all fairly forgiving, have enough speed and spin to loop consistently and occasionally smash. That...
  7. Past Innerforce users - what did you move to and why?

    Have you considered or previously tried a 7ply like the Clipper wood? At least for me, the feel of solid 7ply blades is fantastic and is not far off inner carbon. Smashes don't feel as crisp, but they have such a nice predictable feel and I think a lot of people who play with carbon blades...
  8. Setup unused for half a year - a year - what to do?

    Pick one setup and stick to it. There are pros and cons to every type of setup, and every setup you've listed is perfectly fine. The only thing to do at this point is stick to one of them for a long enough time that you can consistently improve.
  9. Downgrade blade back to all-wood?

    Butterfly seems to put the speed of the ALC.s around the same as the Korbel. It's a thinner version of the Innerforce ALC which is around the same speed or a little bit faster than a Clipper or other sturdy 7ply, it would make sense that the ALC.s is probably about the same speed as most ALL+...
  10. Best all wood blade?

    This is an underrated choice too. Very light but surprisingly fast.
  11. Viscaria or Innerforce ALC which suites better with a Dignics 09C/05 combo?

    I didn't like the d09c on the Harimoto ALC, but the d05 feels pretty nice. d80 feels even better on it though. I think the d09c feels a lot better on the Viscaria, and the d05 is nice on the backhand.
  12. Past Innerforce users - what did you move to and why?

    There is definitely enough power in the Innerforce ALC + Fastarc G1 to play at midrange, but it does require you to generate most of the power, as well as brush the ball. I find that as long as I brush properly, I can hit the ball really hard and it will almost always still land on the table at...
  13. Buying guide - Buying a blade for my brother.

    I found the Stratus Power Wood to be fantastic, and if you get one on the heavier end (90g or more) it has plenty of room for growing into a more offensive game. The handle is slightly thicker than most other blades. If you want to buy something more premium with a smaller handle, Nittaku...
  14. Looping - counter looping and underspin looping for beginners

    Finding that you have to hold back with the MX-P is pretty normal - it's a very fast and bouncy rubber. Swapping that for a less bouncy euro style rubber would be the safest change, but if you want to play with Chinese style rubbers then some of the suggestions made are all pretty reasonable...
  15. Is Dignics 09c quicker than the other modern hybrids?

    d09c is not as demanding as something like H3, but is more demanding than any non-hybrid I have tried and most other hybrids. If you want a rubber that helps you when attacking slower balls, d09c is not it. You also have to accept that rubbers which help you attack slower balls more easily are...
  16. I need your advice on rubber change and rubber thickness

    If you can only pick from those 4 brands, a bit hard to find something in the ballpark of the Hybrid H. I don't think Xiom have anything that would resemble the Hybrid H and for Butterfly the only hybrid is the 09c. Best bet would be the Nuzn 48 or 50. I tried out the 48 on a friend's racket...
  17. Is 10 weeks with a new blade long enough to start getting adjusted to it?

    Depends on whether you're getting coaching to work on the errors you're seeing, or at least taking note of them and practicing to adjust your technique to the new blade. Could be that a more controlled rubber would help since you have a quicker blade now, or some coaching to see if you can...
  18. How often do you change rubbers?

    You are probably right. I prefer to change both rubbers at the same time though, rather than have 1 fresh and 1 old.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Most people who give overly generalised, unsolicited advice like that aren't worth listening or arguing with. I just say, "thanks" and then carry on. Even if I can play certain shots consistently and with high quality, I won't give someone advice unless they specifically ask for it, or we are...
  20. How often do you change rubbers?

    About 5-10 hours per week playtime. Usually replace them every 6months. The G1 could probably last longer, but 5-6 months feels about the time most other rubbers start to get noticeably worn.
Top