Search results

  1. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    First point - Mizutani faced the greatest generations in their prime. Despite that, he still has notable victories in important matches over lots of players (Xu Xin at Olympics 2016 in Teams, Dima in 2016 Teams). Like all players his competitiveness with the Chinese got better with thr...
  2. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Maybe the AI charged more for full match hjghlights lol.
  3. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Mizutani is likely the greatest Japanese male player in table tennis history and his achievements as a prodigy are not going to be matched by Togami anytime soon unless time travel becomes a possibility. The benefit for players like Togami is that they can show there is another route, which...
  4. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Other than match timing, it is actually a good draw. No one will lose any sleep if he loses that match. And getting an early feeling on how good he needs to play to deal with a player at that level is a good thing IMHO.
  5. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    No point in responding, he linked to 3 points at which Chan Baldwin served into the net in a match he won. I know that sometimes the gods speak in mysterious ways but even that was too mysterious for me.
  6. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Yes he is! Hope he stays injury free this time...
  7. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Some amazing shots by Kao and Cifuentes... table tennis on fire!
  8. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Asian players who didn't get here with a lot of time to adjust to jet lag are all going to struggle.
  9. Run-in between Batra and TTFI?

    I know this is a debate but none of this other than that she didn't qualify automatically is of any serious relevance. Based on the available information (and not the parts that you plugged in your opinions): 1) She fell short by 1 ranking point for automatic selection, though her average...
  10. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Chan Baldwin and Huang Youzheng are the same age (fine 6 months apart). But I guess the match wasn't about that lol.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah, maybe I just can't control the true speed of the blade lol. I try for center of the sweet spot usually and I mamaged to make most of my contacts closer to there. But yesterday I just started experimenting with other contacts because I don't like my consistency with this new blade plus...
  12. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Interesting, while I have played in both places and known the difference, I have never made the mistake of attributing that to the tables. You are right that this is probably what he is experiencing.
  13. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Found these comments from Ricardo Walther about the table speed interesting. Any comments, @Matt Hetherington ? Are the retail tables going to undergo the same change lol? PS: the version I watched is auto-dubbed to English and he said that the tables now hold the ball much more and are much...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I am back to my old blade with a new rubber (though i am still keeping the old rubber in reserve as well. One of the things I observed yesterday while training (and I am not sure whether this will hold up) is that my attempting to hit the ball within the sweetspot and tip of the blade...
  15. Run-in between Batra and TTFI?

    The difference between 51 and 50 is neither here nor there, especially when she has been above 50 for most of the year. Batta is not "whining". She asked for certain information to be sure that this was done in an objective way and not just the whims of a biased individual or selection...
  16. Run-in between Batra and TTFI?

    Nah, as much as I respect and like players like Surtitha Mukherjee and Swastika Ghosh, Batra's point is blatantly clear and obvious and those two players are not as accomplished or even close as to as threatening on the circuit. At best, I suspect the selection committee feel that the...
  17. Run-in between Batra and TTFI?

    It *looks* straightforward but I am working under the assumption that players usually know obvious things. Sometimes, things like timing, whether the ranking was about an average or a particular date are all nuanced. It seems that the cutoff was ittf ranking 50 for automatic qualification...
  18. Run-in between Batra and TTFI?

    Yeah, something about this sounds very inconsistent: "However, the TTFI’s selection policy, framed in November 2023 after a series of selection-related controversies and court cases, follows a structured points-based system. The policy allocates 50% weightage to national rankings, 40% to...
  19. Tenergy 19H and Dignics19

    Given the poor durability of T05H, a slightly harder T19 and a Dignics 19 would do it for me.
  20. Dignics and its Effect on Sales of Tenergy and Rozena

    Interesting, had never heard of the rubber before this. What is the hype?
Top