Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Had my first lesson with a coach today - he is the brother of a popular youtube coach. He coaches a lot of the stronger juniors in our area and hitting with him, the main benefit is that he gives you his quality, which you might not get from a say 2600+ coach who will mostly give you his...
  2. LAST 1 pc for US$400 BLACK TAG Collectible Gergely 21 Flared Handle, made in Japan, in its original box. From inventory. US$350–550 per ChatGPT

    This kind of posting is not permitted on the site, we don't do auctions here. List your desired prize and edit your listing or your posting/thread will be deleted and your account may be banned. Thank you.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You look slimmer but age seems to have invisibly done a number on you. Would never have thought Josh would get you so easily even if you were in not peak form. He didn't even make that many mistakes returning your serves or blocking your loops.
  4. Drugs in Table Tennis?

    Kanak Jha was suspended for missing hia tests. So there is some testing for sure, the details are the key.
  5. Drugs in Table Tennis?

    People who take PEDs, with a few endurance exceptions, don't become immediately better at whatever they do. That's part of the reason biological passports are used in testing, to ensure that people aren't competing with changed biological profiles recovering from the influence of drugs that...
  6. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I agree steroids are not just about lifting weights. However taking risks is not something always rewarded either unless competence and performance matches execution. That's why the focus has largely been on training and recovery, in part because the enhanced performance usually doesn't just...
  7. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I know more willingness to take risks is a benefit of testosterone. What it means in terms of seeing a ball better, I don't know. Maybe increased blood flow? I guess ultimately the context and framing matters as well as the mechanism. Sometimes it is hard to separate the feeling of what...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Still struggling to use my forehand fush with confidence. I have been pushing with the backhand for so long I don't know how to act differently. But maybe not... I am working on playing out of a more neutral grip with the racket almost parallel to my forearm and doing elbow-driven strokes...
  9. Drugs in Table Tennis?

    Bump. An ancient thread but I didn't feel the need to open a new one. Since this came up during the US Smash, I searched for threads on the topic. With all the new peptides, some of which are already banned, I am wondering whether the athletic performance lines might get blurred. Should...
  10. Choosing between W968 variants / Q968 + non-boosted rubber setup advice

    Thread closed. You already have a thread similar to this open. Please use it a bit more. https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/dhs-w968-national-vs-w968-gold-w968s-q968-for-intermediate-player-%E2%80%94-no-booster.39595/#post-580357
  11. Zyre 03 Review

    It's only because you didn't use a teleprompter or just not put yourself on screen while talking about the rubber. He would have been none-the-wiser in either scenario.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Ratings are available at ratings.usatt.org. Top 10 players aged 15 and under are 2350‐2515 USATT. This is just the citizens.
  13. Zyre 03 Review

    It does happen, especially if you play with flexible blades. The thick sponge sucks in the ball before releasing it.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    She lost to an older Iranian dentist at a tournament at my club when she was around that time at our club in Philly. She wasn't happy after the match... but her talent was always somewhat obvious.
  15. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    It means you have fewer events contributing to your ranking points. Usually 8 events should contribute. If you have one zero point penalty, then only 7 can contributed. 2 ZPPs, only six can contribute and so on....
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Amy Wang I also played as well. She was 2400 then. Not fun at all lol. Sally Moyland played Larry Bavly (heavyspin) when she was maybe 10 and he said after losing to her that he had seen the future of American women's table tennis. Awesome vision, Larry, and congrats to Sally.
  17. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    This doesn't sound right, I can see an indirect impact on confidence given the enhanced abilities from improved training and injury recovery, but not an impact on something like eyesight. But maybe there is a reference in the literature that supports this. In any case, I am sure Sidorenko is...
  18. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Ah okay, I missed that part. Most complex sports like table tennis have PEDS impact training, not direct performance. I think I might have focused on the feeling that saying doping doesn't impact TT as much as swimming was downplaying the effects of doping, but now you point out my blindness...
  19. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    Sure, anyone can validate what I have said about PEDs because it is the traditional view of steroids. You can claim expertise all you want, but you should at least know that little if it is your professional domain.
  20. Everything about Receiving - Share your Tips and Tricks

    Lots of half long serve practice. Lots of practice playing topspins on balls by not starting below the table and risking a racket breaker. And then some practice on balls just coming off the table. A lot of bad serve return is caused by people not recognizing a serve is really long and using a...
Top