Search results

  1. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    It is table 1. Last match yesterday on youtube.
  2. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    Olympics and ITTF events are different I believe. I think United Kingdom/Great Britain exists for Olympic events and that Hursey will be part of some British team with Tintin as you desire. Soccer is an exception and I am sure people Pl e from Britain understand the nuances better but yes...
  3. Frictionless Antispin Rubber Recommendations

    That's the most material friendly forum on the internet with lots of pips and anti players. Good call. I have seen a lot of players over 50 go to pips and anti this past two years and not because of Sabine and Luka. It seems they are just tired of backhand play against younger players and...
  4. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    Sabine was very honest in the post-match interview, there is a real risk of not making it.
  5. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    Was wondering who this Simeon Martin that beat Adrien Rassenfosse was. This was insightful: https://ttcanada.ca/athlete-profile-simeon-martin/
  6. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    This is universally acknowledged and when he was younger, I remember some analysts arguing that his placement and overall game was unimaginative and just athletic. But the flip side is that people somehow in the absence of data think such consistency has less to do with spin/speed and is just a...
  7. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    Hitting harder is something that is always relative especially when there are no measurements around. In any case, we can agree to disagree, I am fairly confident even with Kanak's opinion, if they were all put into measurements, FZD's ball would be easily one of the highest. But the extreme...
  8. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    Yes. It is because he continues to play with backhand orientation. Forehand orientation requires constant movement and energy. The speed is tied to the style, it is a style that needs to change.
  9. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    You were citing when Fan was younger - the ball slowing down has made consistency more important than quality unless you have extreme amounts of energy. The truth is that even when comparing players nowadays, no one's rally ball other than maybe Hugo is that special anymore. Even Quek said...
  10. New Blade: Tibhar Oh Junsung

    Beyond the announcement that he became a Tibhar player, I can't find him on their website - very puzzling... PS: He is in their catalog though, just not listed among the pro players on the Tibhar website...
  11. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    Jarvis wins a match for England!
  12. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    Will Ursu do Ursu things or Jarvis do Jarvis things?
  13. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    I struggled to see a path to any result other than 3-0. Kanak has beaten better players but it would have taken a lot given his opponents would be playing more freely than he would.
  14. New Blade: Tibhar Oh Junsung

    You are the last person I would have thought would ask this question, lol!
  15. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    Carey almost did it though. And the team got her here smoothly, this is already a major improvement for Wales. I would give them a pass this time though I suspect this will be the regular entry in the future.
  16. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    It feels weird looking at a draw like this and not seeing China in a corner, especially the top left one.
  17. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    A lot of it is about the new ball as well. Quality doesn't get you quite the same premium it used to because the ball always slows down when it comes off the table, especially if you still use old school technique.
  18. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    Hmm... looks like the Harimoto of Kazakhstan may no longer be as worthy of that name - beating Robles is not a trivial task:
  19. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    I have had coaches tell me that physically, in the training hall, Harimoto is one of the best athletes and it is very obvious. I'm deferring to their observation. The way he plays is more about his style than his physical or technical limitations. And there are people with worse/similar...
  20. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    The funny thing about Harimoto is that he refuses to use his athleticism unless he is relatively relaxed with the lead - he should be using it all the time and stop all this control blocking and countering - what a waste of talent!
Top