Search results

  1. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    That was a surprise...but predicted by seeding and should have been the first round matchup in an NCAA bracket. Its interesting that the first round had a three NCAA second round matchups and one of them was an upset (Felix Hugo) and another one came close (Wang Sora) and the last was a...
  2. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    I think in his current form for this event, a few of the top 5 have a chance. Sora did. A few other players might get in as well. Mostly thinking LSD, Felix and LYJ.
  3. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    It is really hard to sustain that to beat Kuai Man over a bo7. I really hope she can figure it out.
  4. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    Who was the better player in almost every instance where Lin Gaoyuan choked? Well I guess i have to finish it sometime.
  5. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    Thanks. For someone who confesses to not watching a lot of table tennis, you sure have a lot of strong opinions about it. They didn't just change the rules on serving, they also made the main rubber he used on his forehand illegal. You sound like the analysts in tennis who pretend that...
  6. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    BYW, not sure if I have posted the stub but the next article is supposed to be "In defense of Lin Gaoyuan: Is losing big leads truly choking?"
  7. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    You both have valid points, the main point is that trying to compare across eras always involves assumptions that are often questionable. If a player like Liu Guoliang had to retire soon after the rule changes that hurt his weapons, it begs th question of what it means to be great bedroom and...
  8. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    He deserves a break. WCQ needs one as well, but he is just good enough to play while falling asleep lol. Coaching while falling asleep will result in memes... okay I am just kidding, I don't know what is really going on with WH. WCQ has impressed me more these past two matches. He clearly...
  9. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Yes, they should seed more players, at least half the field. It's cool that you enjoy watching Sora and Wang or Felix and Hugo battle in the first round, but for me that should not happen in the first round. The players who played better all year should have some reward for their seeding, not...
  10. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    Their eras didn't perfectly overlap. Wang Hao qualified for 3 Olympic Singles, Ma Long two (yes, there are asterisks there but that is the issue with comparing eras). Wang Hao beat Ma Long in every WTTC match they ever played - maybe had he not retired, Ma Long would still be looking for WTTC...
  11. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    I understand your point as a transitive but not as an absolute. I think multiple silver medals more than anyone else shows a level of performance consistency that might or might not be comparable to a higher peak depending on how it is weighted. Zhang Jike for example gets pushed down in the...
  12. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    I have no problem with seeing the same players playing each other especially when the cream rises to the top. No one complains in tennis for example when Jannik plays Alcaraz or the Big 4 play each other in the finals Its not like we havent seen Hugo and Felix play before or Sora and Wang...
  13. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    I suspect they haven't always seeded just 4. But maybe not. In any case, seeding 4 makes this a possibility. All bets are off.
  14. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Yes those are bad losses since 5th should play 12th so it doesn't affect your analysis. This year is a different thing entirely.
  15. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    For the losses i dont mean whether he literally played badly or not though I dont think that would change your assessments but whether the opponent was lower or higher seeded than he would have played had the draw been seeded as it used to be before WTT.
  16. Does This Happen To Anyone Else?

    You can tell pretty quickly if you can broadly play with it. Whether it will be optimal for me takes a few months, at least two. I need a view of what I make and miss to make it work and conclude on whether the strengths outweigh the weaknesses.
  17. Calderano Signs with Joola (#139)

    Imagine if this is all driven by testing your girlfriend's equipment and liking it and wanting to play with it... would be a first in table tennis in my memory lol...
  18. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    I understand that those things are important. I am focusing a bit more on the fact that Hugo's reward for being the #3 seed was playing the #6 seed Felix, thanks to the consistent application of WTT's "only a quarter of the draw is seeded" policy. For an event like this, things like Sora...
  19. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Would be interesting to know who he would have played under the old and new formats and whether he has just played badly or has been unlucky with the draw. This year was clearly a bad draw.
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hi, @Matteones , @NakiMaki clearly wants your comments on his post but in order to discourage duplicate posting, I have linked to it here - can you please take a look. https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/video-footage-safe-thread.26467/post-552771 @NakiMaki , feel free to link to the...
Top