Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Playing with Zyre has made me think a bit about my forehand topspin. I played a tournament last weekend which I described in a previous post and at that tournament, I saw a Ghanian player who is fairly popular in Oklahoma who played at the Atlanta Olympics on 1996 in table tennis. He is still...
  2. WTT Star Contender Muscat 2025 Nov 17-22

    Quadri is 37. So is Dima. Quadri is the Nigerian #1. Timo and CCY played past 40. This is not a serious topic. Ionescu is a top European junior. Quadri has considered not playing for Nigeria to give players opportunities but the level behind him is too low. The issue is not his...
  3. National Games of China 2025, 11/9-21, Guangdong/Hong Kong/Macao

    This setup is the setup they played at their previous meeting in group stage and was the dominant setup during the event. Nothing special about it honestly. I suspect Beijing would have won with any setup as they would have won the doubles and both HZY and ML can beat Zhou Kai.
  4. National Games of China 2025, 11/9-21, Guangdong/Hong Kong/Macao

    They considered their first loss an effort problem not a matchup problem.
  5. TTDaily: Does the forum need Moderators who are Active on the Forum

    Search is fixed. Will talk to mods and see what is possible.
  6. German league TTBL 2025-26

    Some interesting results in the Pokal so far...
  7. TTDaily: Does the forum need Moderators who are Active on the Forum

    We aren't omnipotent so other than on the sort of vanilla things that moderators can do, don't have high expectations. But we will do our best.
  8. National Games of China 2025, 11/9-21, Guangdong/Hong Kong/Macao

    Yeah, they gave it their best shot, that is all they can ask for. The second game of the last match was funny, getting it from 2-10 to 10-10 then losing the last two points after all that...
  9. National Games of China 2025, 11/9-21, Guangdong/Hong Kong/Macao

    Putting Xu Yingbin in doubles and losing that was pretty much waving the white flag.
  10. TTDaily: Does the forum need Moderators who are Active on the Forum

    I don't see those in the queue, sometimes, they are mysteriously moderated months later after all the hoopla has died down.
  11. Thread about Japanese Players

    Wow.... I was wrong... go, Togami(and Abiodun and Levenko)... Trying to find the TTBL thread to note Duesseldorf lost but search function not working for me....
  12. Thread about Japanese Players

    Who did they play? IT would be sad if Chirita can't deliver even one score... NOTE: Just saw it was Levenko and Abiodun besides him... that was a recipe for disaster, never underestimate people in the German league... But sorry, this is about Japanese players - Go, Togami!
  13. TTDaily: Does the forum need Moderators who are Active on the Forum

    I have no idea what you are talking about. Report the post first and then we can discuss it.... ;) Not a lord in any sense of the word, I will largely post much less, read much more and you will hardly notice anything unless someone complains loudly about something they are unhappy with.that...
  14. german bundesliga

    Yeah, Martin and Khaleel play a lot of TT and are strong players, they wouldn't pump up a kid for no good reason.
  15. National Games of China 2025, 11/9-21, Guangdong/Hong Kong/Macao

    I don't think ML and WCQ being owned by FZD would be the main driver, since FZD would likely play both WCQ and HYZ if the order remained normal. The main argument for it is that Xu Xin and Zhou Kai were able to win the last doubles match over ML and HYZ even if it did go 5 games. That would...
  16. National Games of China 2025, 11/9-21, Guangdong/Hong Kong/Macao

    When I said only one will play FZD I meant it is more likely that only one of Wang or ML will play FZD. Wasn't clear in my last post. I don't think ML will play FZD because they have played him consistently in doubles and the third singles slot when he pairs with Huang unless he pairs with WCQ...
  17. Butterfly Zyre 03

    You are right, I should make it clear I haven't tried the blade. I have not tried it and that should be made clear. The blade could be a rocket blade for an asymmetric blade for all I know.
  18. National Games of China 2025, 11/9-21, Guangdong/Hong Kong/Macao

    I see it slightly differently, I call it the problem with pips, your opponent can look really bad playing against them initially, but once they figure it out, once their level is otherwise similar to yours, you are a sitting duck because their ability to hit the ball hard with inverted is...
Top