Search results

  1. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I enjoy having different characters on tour and I think it's good for the movement in general. I don't find him excessive at all.
  2. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    I concede that he has more hardware, but I would only count individual hardware, I understand a gold medal in the olympics is important, but mixed doubles is just a different sport, and it's not individual. Hopefully Harimoto or Matsushima will overcome him in hardware too, but in playing level...
  3. United States Smash 2026, Los Angeles, 6/26-7/5

    It rubs on me that Mizutani may be considered the greatest Japanese male player. His record with the whole Chinese A and B teams of his time was absolutely disastrous: never won with the likes of Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, Chen Qi, Hao Shuai, Lin Gaoyuan, Yan An, Fang Bo, had...
  4. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National Blue Sponge unboosted for FH good choice?

    I have used Bluegrip J1 and found it quite nice, a hard hybrid closer to H3 than other hybrids. I still use it sometimes on back-up blades. Please notice that W968 is an extremely demanding blade (especially if the full setup is heavier than 200 grams), I am your age and several playing levels...
  5. DHS W968 National vs W968 Gold / W968S / Q968 for intermediate player — no booster

    W968 (or Q968, or S968) is not the racket you are looking for at your level and especially if you play it with unboosted hurricane: you will just experience pain and hardship, but from what I read in the post you are not willing to accept advice, which is a legit position, just try it for...
  6. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National Blue Sponge unboosted for FH good choice?

    https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/dhs-hurricane-3-neo-unboosted.38941/ . To sum it up: not a good idea to play it unboosted. Pick a rubber that is ready to go out of the package if you don't want to boost, there are so many.
  7. Do you have to be fit to be a pro table tennis player?

    My favorite all time fat lazy supremely talented professional player: Whilst it is undeniable that table tennis is a sport that can be won in many different ways, and that's usually why we love it, it is also undeniable that the same player with 30 kilos and many beers less would be a true top...
  8. To be a BH looper, or to be a BH controller, that is the question.

    How old are you? How many years have you played already? Are you still improving (objectively, is your rating growing steadily or has it been stagnant and if yes for how long?) How much do you train? Do you have access to someone who can multi-ball you 2-3 times a week? If you do decide to...
  9. Helix platinum 55 and summer of trying

    You are right, it took me in a moment of equipment weakness, but I don't really want to buy D09C either, and I suppose it's quite similar to Dragon Power, probably with higher throw (that I don't particularly care for) and maybe a couple grams lighter. I've bought two helix XH on the spur of...
  10. Helix platinum 55 and summer of trying

    Zyre is out of the cards, I can buy 2 Helix or 3 Dragon power with the same money I buy a Zyre 😁
  11. Helix platinum 55 and summer of trying

    I am tempted to try Helix 55 (or 52.5) on backhand on my W968 now that you can find it at a humane cost. I have been using Stiga Dragon Power 55 for the last couple of months, and whilst I enjoy it I wouldn't mind a bit more speed on my backhand. I also kind of hope it's a bit lighter? Dragon...
  12. Is table tennis THE hardest sport to go professional in?

    50-100th world ranked player who maintains that level for some years can make a good living in Europe, if they are savvy and free to move around they can easily break 100k euros per season. Many around this level don't even go to WTT, it's just a waste of time and resources. Most of the money...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Season is practically finished and the summer of trying has come! My usual setup is a very head heavy W968 (208-210 grams depending on how much glue I put on it) with boosted BS H3 and non-boosted dragon power 55 which some of my students and other coaches have nicknamed "Thor's hammer". It...
  14. ITTF World Masters Gangneun (Korea) 2026

    When the ball seems unreachable on the far forehand, a quick release and grip again of the bat for a surprising extreme hook top spin. And extreme chop on the far backhand :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
  15. FS/FT: Butterfly Primorac Carbon and Stiga Dragon Power 55 black

    Up! Got rid of the old blades, just the Primorac Carbon with a very reasonable price and one brand new rubber they shipped to me in the wrong color.
  16. WTT Contendor Skopje 2026 (1 - 7 June 2026)

    I'm not sure a contender final is more of a big match than a big ttbl match with many many more spectators (and much bigger purses on the line in the league). I think there is more pressure in general in the ttbl league, but I do agree the venue + tables definitely can make the difference.
  17. How do I play defensive players?

    I would move them vertically as much as possible. When they are 3m behind the table, drop them short; when they are back at the table, hit strongly 50% to their elbow and 25-25% wide forehand and wide backhand. Also work your short services, they are used to the long ones, somehow fishers make...
  18. Hybrid suggestions for someone coming from H3

    If you are coming from unboosted hurricane any hybrid will be much faster for you really. I went the opposite direction (tensor -> hybrid -> hurricane) and the last one I tried before hurricane was bluegrip J1, I can recommend it. I am also using stiga dragon power 55 on backhand at the moment...
  19. Boosted Hurricane 3 Neo OS or BS?

    In my experience you have to boost it quite a lot to become a "monster". I have used and experimented H3 (always neo blue sponge, 40 degrees) since November and the last time was the time I finally got the boosting procedure right (hopefully I can reproduce it next time): 3 moderate layers of...
  20. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Planning a real EJ summer: - Stiga Inspira Plus directly from Japan. (Already tried it, I just wanted a viscaria-like blade but not viscaria because everyone has viscaria 😁) - DHS Wang Chuqin in exchange for my HL5 (arrived last week, still have to try it). - Second handed but practically new...
Top