While this is true as a general tendency, I think it is misleading to think that everyone should go in the same direction. Speed is especially prevalent in young players, but it is far from being the only way of winning.
Even at the very top of the game you can find speed/backhand oriented...
I kind of agree but I'm not completely sold.
I am a coach too, and indeed we now train the kids to be much more aggressive than before, but they still struggle a lot when given higher quality spin.
So when you see our 12-13 year old kids playing against each other it may be like you say. But...
To be fair, ESN rubbers will very often be found at a significant discount, while butterfly never has discount.
And whatever our illusion is on rubber longevity, it is very marginal. I have a club-mate of a close level (close to semi-pro) that plays the whole season (9 months) with the same set...
It does justify "doctoring" (I would say evolving). All sports evolve over time, trying to mantain everything as it is, in every aspect of life, is delusion, it is our human nature to try and get better. A good nature I would add!
Or would you like it if we were still playing hardbat...
Just my opinion:
You play at the same level with the two different sets because equipment importance is marginal. If you are a developing player like you are, spending any time trying to optimize it is time lost - unless you have fun doing it, in which case, welcome to do it. But never forget...
A lot to unpack here.
First of all we must distinguish between being players and "experts" and the idea of making the sport more accessible, and possibly a good way to find a mid-point.
Now a bit of history, because these are things that have happened before (if in a mirror way), if someone...
I have not dwelt deeply into the 4 pages conversation but I have this to say:
I started using hl5 one year ago and passed over to w968 5 months ago.
My rubber progression has gone harder and harder and with every harder rubber it just feels better.
Forehand: Tibhar mk pro, not boosted -->...
There is no real substitute, ideally you should train with people who are one level down (lose only one match every 4-5), your level and one level up (win only one match every 4-5).
If you can't have this in training try to play as many tournaments - leagues at possible to expose you to better...
I agree with the ones who said to do those drills that are easy (certain) for the less skilled partner and hard (uncertain) for the more skilled partner.
My favorite exercises to do in these situations:
I topspin where they block best (usually backhand, but sometimes forehand) and they block...
Indeed it isn't, but I believe you @Tyce , just have to see it with my own eyes sooner or later :ROFLMAO: .
If that W968 - Viscaria hybrid ever came to life again @SDC I hope I'll be fast enough :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I am only connecting now to confirm that Japan lost. And they did, 3-0 starting with a comeback from Liang Jingkun. I think hope of defeating them died with Alexis tactical suicide.
Kudos to LJK, I haven't seen his match with Harimoto but he can retire now, knowing he's going to enter pingpong...
Yes, Alexis definitely came so short on this. It was their occasion, I hope there will be more. Tomorrow it will be Japan's occasion, let's see if they are able to take it. China is still favorite, always is, until beaten.
I am afraid you and I won't understand each other and that's ok.
Yes it relates deeply to the conversation, I am 36 years old, and the question was not in bad intent, only to understand if maybe I was talking to a kid. But I'll stop this here anyway.