Search results

  1. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    The match had to be closer than that for me to feel that way. I felt that the match was always on Wang Manyu's racket. She sometimes struggles against choppers but she reliably wins. The weirdest part was that she didn't use her backhand as much as she could have. Hashimoto would have develop...
  2. DHS 968 Thread

    How does the Q968 compare to the Harimoto Super ALC? Anyone know?
  3. Quarterfinal Loss 2-3 in First U1100 Sanctioned Tournament – Please Share Pointers

    Any ball that goes long can be attacked, don't fall into the trap of thinking of backspin as something that is hard to attack based on your current experience and playing level. Even if it works at this level, a lot will change at 1500-1600 and you have the potential to get there with proper...
  4. WTT Feeder Panagyurishte-2025

    Ursu has always puzzled me. I keep thinking he should be much better than he is based on some amazing matches I have seen him play (vs Dima and Gionis) but he never is consistently there.
  5. Post your latest EJ purchase

    I got a HAL and a Cybershape Wavy from TT11. Still haven't done the hard work but that day is coming...
  6. TTD Team vs Chop Block Queen Adriana Diaz!

    Tom just can't catch a break - he needs his reward on earth, not in heaven!
  7. Is Chinese TT just going to go downhill from here?

    People forget that up until the arrival of the plastic ball, Ma Long was very susceptible to spinny and consistent backhand attacks if you could control his serve and attack game. And you are right, ML never really played XD, you would have thought Ding Ning and he were a natural partnership...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Played a tournament this past weekend. I was unable to play in the morning because of family obligations, so I missed the U2250. I was seeded out of the first round of the 1950 and played some doubles matches under U3500. We played a team rated 2400 while we were over 3300 and won 3-0 with...
  9. Quarterfinal Loss 2-3 in First U1100 Sanctioned Tournament – Please Share Pointers

    I was actually at that tournament lol. For an U1100 match, that is impressive.
  10. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    And to his backhand as well. How many times does the master of backhand countertopspin struggle to counter spinny backhands?
  11. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    That's an interesting interpretation. I don't see it at all. I hope you are right and I am wrong.
  12. WTT Contender Almaty 2025 Sep 2-7

    Too many landmines in this event for Honoka, the draw will be important.
  13. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    Yes, it is a mission for some players, but it is not the case for many of the local players. Local players get a chance to play an event and get international points. And some players may want to travel to those far away locations. More events gives people choice. People can always choose...
  14. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    There are likely some offsetting advantages - easier for some players to travel to those locations, ability to get funding at those locations. Maybe if events were only held at TT Meccas, we wouldn't have that many.
  15. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    It's a shame for sure, but I am mixed between wanting more TT and having events held only in places where TT draws a decent audience.
  16. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    If WCQ destroys you 4-0 at a late stage in an event, good things are in your future. See Harimoto and Truls. Who's next?
  17. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    How someone can watch that and say that was the play of the world #5? I blame Gauzy...
Top