Search results

  1. 5 Winners and 5 Losers from the World Championships

    Obviously TTR was important - see Franziska vs Cho. But some dodgy servers were given favorable treatment so the devil is in the details.
  2. Why are we so adamant about grippy rubber needing tensor?

    @Tyce , Glayzer, Rozena, even H3-50 or H8-80 or TG 3-60, they are all relatively slower than their pro-level counterparts, but they are all suitable for beginners who want to evolve to the modern game. Mark V has a grippy topsheet sure, but the deformation and restoration to create spin is...
  3. Why are we so adamant about grippy rubber needing tensor?

    The sponge/topsheet combination is not optimal. So the sponge basically. Even unboosted H3 has a different character from Mark V - take it from someone who gave Mark V a whirl recently a year or two ago when I was looking for options for my forehand that could facilitate close to the table...
  4. 5 Winners and 5 Losers from the World Championships

    I'm not so sure. There was a focus on serve contact visibility, but all the rules that are used to enforce it in the ITTF umpire manuals were often tossed aside, meaning that a lot of visibility evaluations were based on where the camera was and might not have agreed with what the receiver saw...
  5. 5 Winners and 5 Losers from the World Championships

    A part of me wants to push back on a 19/20 year old being called a disappointment for not winning a medal, but I have to agree, losing out in XD as the #1 seed and singles as the #1 seed is a bit much. Going out with Lin in doubles is what it is, he would probably have partnered with WCQ but...
  6. Finally grasped the essence of table tennis biomechanical principle Chinese style! (Chain reaction of power from the ground) (UPDATED AGAIN)

    Well, if he does, he will learn from match play that this is not wise. Trying to win matches is the experience that teaches best.
  7. Finally grasped the essence of table tennis biomechanical principle Chinese style! (Chain reaction of power from the ground) (UPDATED AGAIN)

    Honestly, it is better than I expected. Nothing special but at least, he hits a real ball. I agree that table tennis game speed is too challenging to prepare the way he does, but he might have a path.
  8. New $215 course from Joao Geraldo

    At that price point, it is very likely he is.
  9. New $215 course from Joao Geraldo

    For $20 to $50 I might have bitten. For $215, I keep my teeth, thank you.
  10. 30+ TT players, could you beat a 10 years younger version of yourself?

    I think balancing things out, the ball is more annoying but since I started 14 years ago, I am a better player now even though my athleticism and fitness are worse, my understanding and skill are better. This would not be true for someone who started younger more often than not. I'm almost 50...
  11. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Mixed doubles was on Saturday, you are probably thinking of semis or something.
  12. How to play against flat hitter?

    You seem to have a lot of notions and preconceptions about table tennis that come from the ERT fan club. This is a very artificial way to play and understand table tennis - it's much more realistic to find a good player/coach in the club who matches your temperament to mentor and coach you and...
  13. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    You missed the fact that he posted the CNT as well. He was focused more on the resource disparity between the teams.
  14. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    They really should think about their scheduling for some these events, I get the marketing value of some of it, but it is patently unfair in my view for the semi-finals to be hours apart, the two players likely to play each other should be playing as close to the same time as possible even if we...
  15. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    It is nothing new.
  16. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    I am sure he did, especially hitting down the line on the forehand side.
  17. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    That was for me the scariest part, WCQ countering and redirecting Hugo consistently without changing his (WCQ) rallying distance. That used to be a Felix only thing and even he wasn't perfect.
  18. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Yeah. CNT frontrunner swinging is a thing. That said, when WCQ lost a game in the event other than this match it was usually the first one. And Hugo didnt show me anything that made me feel he could have obtained a stable advantage though I think he will have chances if he maintains his form.
  19. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    He still needs a World Cup for his grand slam (and an Olympics gold as well), so the relief is temporary.
Top