Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I am only able to play once a week because my old club which prioritized badminton and pickleball wasn't making enough money from TT so it reallocated the TT space to badminton and pickleball and only does table tennis on weekend nights (with no promise as to how long that might last). A nice...
  2. Fan Zhendong is joining 1. FC Saarbrücken next season

    The youtube channel LMTLS which is run by an amateur who trains in Saarbrucken and often records/works with the pros/coaches there also mentioned it. It was where I first heard of it before coming over and seeing it here.
  3. Fan Zhendong is joining 1. FC Saarbrücken next season

    If you think Zhang Jike in his current age and form would destroy everyone, you have a lot to learn about TT.
  4. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    It's doubtful for sure, but it is a long time till 2028 and talent isn't the problem. The good thing about being low sometimes is that it can help you have no pride in facing hard facts. She is also a phenomenal doubles player. Let's see how it plays out.
  5. Greatest Rallies of All Time

    No points for guessing #1...
  6. Greatest Rallies of All Time

    I love that match and that point but I am not entirely sure that that was even the best rally in that match. But maybe it was - the smothering of power loops by ZJK and then turning the rally around was on-point!
  7. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    No points for guessing #1 but #2 and #3 might mildly surprise...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I actually stopped serving the hook serve because of this lol. I used to load the ball up but when I got the ball back, it was so spinny I would struggle to attack. But more seriously, a lot depends on swing paths, racket angles and contact points. I find the people who struggle the most with...
  9. Tacky Rubbers tackiness goes away after a few sessions, even with cleaning.

    D09c is tacky, not all hybrids are. You have changed, Gozo and it is a bit scary.
  10. Tacky Rubbers tackiness goes away after a few sessions, even with cleaning.

    Gozo, I thought using tacky rubber was for people who suffered. What happened to you?
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    @Tony's Table Tennis, what are you doing?
  12. Greatest Rallies of All Time

    https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxPMlg_jW9FKXAHyapVu72DGud3TLTSj3q?si=mlkZ1RmnDIdi63_f
  13. Greatest Rallies of All Time

    The Hugo LJK rally in game had me thinking and then I saw a Xu Xin - WCQ rally. Then I remembered this rally which I still think is the greatest I can remember - we need to keep a thread like this somewhere....
  14. 5 Winners and 5 Losers from the World Championships

    I agree with @ThePongCommenter , saying someone who has beaten Bruna a. nd Adriana and who regularly beats Lily is clearly worse than Anna is a bit much.
  15. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    The game is not quite as good as you think it is especially as a best of 5 unless the player serves well above his level. If it was a game to 11 and you alternated with you doing all serves the next game and then receiving all serves, it would be a bit more useful because against a lower rated...
  16. ITTF WTTC Finals Doha 2025, 5/17-25

    Cultural differences are real, you can't be a dignitaries in some countries without being aggressively loud when slighted (or perceived to be slighted). All will be well.
  17. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    Push your limits a bit, in matches you have less time and dont know where the ball is going so challenging yourself with stressful things helps. Might also mitigate the quality gap a bit.
  18. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    It is when a lower rated player than you does it. When a coach does it, the difference in level and game understanding compensates.
  19. What is the most important area to jump from 1900 to 2100?

    If this training method works, you will have taught me something new.
  20. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    If we want to be a bit nuanced, Miwa was fortunate to achieve her World Cup medal in the old system when only two Chonese players could play, it is now harder with 4 Chinese players. So Miwa and Hayata have their work cour out for them to match that. Felix and Hugo do have a decent chance and...
Top