Search results

  1. I lost my spark for playing TT

    I am ready to put in the word! If only i could play more....i know i would improve faster but you know....life gets in the way of table tennis. Avi is moving down to the bay area full time, so i'm worried about my development. Need to get a new coach.... my ultimate goal is to be on table 1...
  2. I lost my spark for playing TT

    Hey Carl- I also have a full time professional career where I earn a decent salary with potential for a lot of growth. But right now I get that job done in 40 hours a week. A side hustle with something I enjoy doing seems like an easy way to make some money to finance a power pong omega :D...
  3. I lost my spark for playing TT

    Hey upsidedowncarl, so it turns out that der_echte and I actually know each other. He's given me some free tips on occasion at my local club, and even kicked my ass with his spinny loops (in sandals, none the less). I wonder if you and I actually know each other too? That is awesome you were...
  4. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Thank you sir. haha well, I think we can all agree that if the skills are similar, it will be a toss up! I think if i would add one more point, I believe that athleticism adds to a players table tennis CEILING. They call it a ceiling because that is the highest point you can reach, not that...
  5. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Thank you! I did a few minor edits for typos and accidental omissions.
  6. I lost my spark for playing TT

    fair enough. Thank you for your insights. I definitely agree that you can be an exceptionally talented player but have zero ability to train or coach developing players. I was never the best soccer player, but i'm a student of everything i participate in, so i take the time to soak up as much...
  7. I lost my spark for playing TT

    what USATT rating did you start coaching at? I would love to get into this eventually, although i know i still need to develop a lot of technique. I was a soccer coach for 10 years. I know i have the ability to coach...however, i'm still too new in this sport. I think i could coach the newbie...
  8. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Interesting conversations. I am a relatively new table tennis player (started in June of 2021). I've advanced to the median of my own local club. According to our league results, i'm one of the fastest advancing players at my club. I put in the work to train diligently, improve my weaknesses...
  9. Fan Zhendong falls over | Chinese Trial 2023

    well this isn't a fair comparison. Soccer players are tough as rocks, even if some of the dudes "flop". Soccer is an absolutely brutal, yet beautiful game. I'm glad to be a "retired" amateur soccer player. It's just too dangerous on the body with so many unpredictable elements in the game, like...
  10. tenergy 05 on timo boll alc/viscaria

    I use T05 on my vis...love it. Can really rip all sort of forehand shots (I use t19 on my backhand though)
  11. Which cleaner do you like?

    Tibhar Grip works well for me.
  12. The rise of pickleball and padel

    So we have some tables in our local shopping mall. Some lady came up to me and pal who were hitting. she started talking about how she plays pickle ball. I made the "mistake" of saying that table tennis has a lot more spin involved than pickle ball and she got really defensive, telling me how...
  13. The rise of pickleball and padel

    I was the pickle ball champion in 8th grade. even beating the teachers. It's a fun sport to play, but table tennis is a million times more enthralling for me. I heard a quote saying something like: pickle ball is easier for a group of friends to pick up and start playing and having fun. Table...
  14. wide fit shoes

    Have you considered switching to barefoot shoes? You can't start playing table tennis right away in them, but if you train your feet for a year, you can use a pair of VIVO (FG style is what i would recommend) for table tennis. I do and it's amazing. but like i said, it would be dangerous to just...
  15. DHS fans unite!

    haha noo. I was looking at 50 for $35 to replace training balls in my garage for my robot. The owner of my club used to be able to get me doublefish balls for cheaper, but apparently he's unable to get those anymore. I've heard good things about DHS D40+ but i just wasn't sure if these vendors...
  16. DHS fans unite!

    Good to know! thank you! I was looking at the DHS D40+.. I also found them on ebay...i'm wondering if they are legit...
  17. DHS fans unite!

    Has anyone bought the DHS balls from AliExpress? Would these be good balls for training on my robot?
  18. Who invented Ping Pong?

    In capitalisms, the demand has to come first otherwise they would be no incentive to supply. Like Gozo has said, the USA already has other sports that are nationally loved. It's not going to work out here, unfortunately. Personally, I think it's sad because this is such a great sport. Not to...
  19. Timo Boll vs Truls Moregardh | FINAL | German Cup 2023

    It really is amazing. It's the only sport I can think of where pure athleticism as not even a top 3 factor in overall success. I picked the sport up again when I was 32. Wish i would have started playing again much sooner!
Top