Search results

  1. Does doing pushups have any advantage on playing?

    technique is more important than fitness at becoming a better at table tennis, and yes, there are "unfit" players who will beat even the most fit of players, but that doesn't mean that those unfit players would not improve their own game if they became more fit. As humans in general, we should...
  2. Got to try Viscaria with Tenergy 05 as a beginner

    I've been using viscaria since USA TT rating of 1000. Now i'm 1550. I'm getting coached semi regularly and feel like i'm progressing fast. the only thing holding me back is the amount of time i can actually train. If i played more, i know i would improve faster.
  3. Does doing pushups have any advantage on playing?

    I believe TT players should build their work out regime around these main pillars: CORE- this should include; side planks, single arm farmers carries, bird dogs, resistance band training, and any other pertinent ISOMETRIC exercise for the core. LEGS- squats, split squats (a** to ground), calf...
  4. Zhang Jike's Reverse Pendulum Serve

    What is the name of this YouTube Channel
  5. Equipment does not have control. This is a lie.

    You really think most people on this form haven’t studied some form of statistics? It’s a basic class required to get your college degree.
  6. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    At which USA did you play him? WHat year?
  7. Forhand footwork

    are you right handed? ideally, your left foot is a little more foreward (close to the table) than your right foot. In a match? Might not always be possible.
  8. Barefoot shoes

    This is indeed the goal. When you have strong feet, ankles and knees, you don't need "support" from your shoes. Your own body provides that support from its own strength. And you are correct, you cannot pick up a pair of barefoot shoes and go play table tennis. It took me nearly a year before...
  9. AI Experts, can AI produce theoretical match between 2 players?

    Not only match videos, but videos of their training sessions too, i imagine. I still don't believe the AI would be able to predict the unpredictable nature of sports though! except for CNT Women's team destroying everyone lol.
  10. Seven Laws of Spin (General things about sidespin and backspin that experienced people know)

    this is good. I need to watch it a few more times. Can you summarize a few of the laws discussed? The first three I still need to wrap my head around
  11. How did this season 22/23 go for everyone?

    I'm just an amatur club player but i've had a rough go the past few weeks. I was on a nice run, beating a lot good players at my club and gaining rating points and moving up tables in league. Then i got covid right before a big tournament (I didn't get to play the tournament) and i haven't been...
  12. Pongfox Robot

    wow that sounds awesome! for the short under spin serves, does the robot bounce the ball on its side of the table first? How are the no spin shots? I'm also looking for a way to emulate practice against pip players.
  13. Pongfox Robot

    Hey Boltnut...thanks for the review. I'm definitely interested in a robot like this since it doesn't seem like the powerpong omega will be in my budget any time soon. Do you feel like this robot can emulate some of the common serves in table tennis? IE, a forehand pendulum serve short to the...
  14. FS: Lots of blades (30+) and rubbers (lost count...) US only

    I was curious about this one too. How about the regular long 5?
  15. Technique advice for me

    well, if radio silence means infected with that pandemic virus, then yes i was. I actually had my car all packed up, ice chest and everything, to go to James' tournament. Then i started eating breakfast and noticed i was feeling hot and had as cough. I took my temp and it was over 100 degrees. I...
  16. 1 year challenge

    I've already surpassed this amount. You can do it!
  17. Technique advice for me

    wow thanks for the invite!
  18. Serve tactics

    With my serves....i'm trying to find weaknesses in my opponent's game. Best way to do this is to have a variety of serves in which you can be deceptive with the serve (IE, the same wind up, but one time it's back spin and the other time its top spin) Once i've pinpointed where they are...
  19. Aliexpress has big annual sale in 1 week. Are you getting something?

    Thanks Tensor and Lodro! I ended up going with these doublefish balls because that is currently what I have in my robot. A lot of them still feel almost new after multiple days a week use, but sometimes they crack when i practice my looping and it hits the edge of my paddle. My regular table...
Top