Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Aruna used to struggle vs chop and pips. There are even some top 50 players who would struggle if they had to play a chopper. Many of them, including Lebruns and Harimoto, had to put in some work to get good against it. Quadri did as well. It's not just about the material but about the...
  2. Are worn out Long pips better than new long pips?

    Some players prefer their pips to be slippery like the old frictionless pips that are now illegal so they like to have pips a bit worn. Others like their pips to remain grippy for push and chopping variation and for hitting. Definitely, a reversal player is more about the slippery pips, while...
  3. I finally won match against my LP boss

    Saviga has very good reversal but it can also be used for mild offense but not on the same level as good hitting pips. It is fairly similar in how I feel playing it like Grass D Tecs even with sponge. It also means your overall level has probably gotten better. You should be able to overload...
  4. I finally won match against my LP boss

    Not always reading the spin off the ball. But more often adjusting to the sequences that produced the spin on the ball and adjusting to the ball quality through practice. This is huge step, but since not all pips have the same amount of reversal and not all players quite the same style, the...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Quadri won the match. Table tennis against a good player is never like jogging.
  6. Liam Pitchford signs for Joola

    Ask Liam Pitchford! 🤪
  7. [Concluded] Looking for an ‘all wood alternative’ for Viscaria

    Ah okay. I just noticed that any recent post of his on some topics I was in that got posted was gone. Well, it is allowed I guess. But such behavior doesn't breed trust anywhere.
  8. [Concluded] Looking for an ‘all wood alternative’ for Viscaria

    I think a guy who revised a post that was 9 months old because he was ashamed of what he wrote 9 months ago can do anything...
  9. [Concluded] Looking for an ‘all wood alternative’ for Viscaria

    Nah, I don't know whether moderators were involved and if they were, I doubt they would delete a member's accounts without the member's consent.
  10. [Concluded] Looking for an ‘all wood alternative’ for Viscaria

    You may have liked the Hugo SAL as well. He hates carbon so he uses composite blades without it.
  11. [Concluded] Looking for an ‘all wood alternative’ for Viscaria

    Wow.... that bad? Just because you can't admit you changed your mind on the internet? Really sad.
  12. FZD alc v FZD salc

    It has greater blocking and looping speed but it feels like a slower blade. So you might shoot the ball a bit long on some shots but if you adapt, you will feel you can play exactly the same way but the blade in reality is a bit faster. So ALC is a bit more all round while SALC is more...
  13. FZD alc v FZD salc

    The SALC is a faster blade that feels like it plays similarly. If you are someone with excellent touch looking for more speed, it is an option. Otherwise, you may just prefer the ALC. The SALC is definitely the fastest looping ALC blades that Butterfly currently produces.
  14. [Concluded] Looking for an ‘all wood alternative’ for Viscaria

    Looks like someone invoked European privacy laws and got his account deleted or something. A reminder of the diverse personalities that exist on the internet.
  15. Would you consider a tt video coach?

    No doubt, it is one of the reasons that at the very least, I like to see the play of who I am getting advice from, though since I am now experienced, I want to hear anyone now since I know enough to know when it fits me and when it doesn't.
  16. Would you consider a tt video coach?

    It's definitely best to work with coaches in person, but one of my most significant influences who helped me clean up my game was primarily and online coach who I met and hit with twice ( a week each time) over a period of about 5 years. With online coaching, you don't get to deal with the...
  17. Your backhand sucks? It's ok brother, don't cry! We're in this together for the long run....

    The backhand topspin, while having more solutions than the forehand topspin, is a harder stroke to get to a high level because timing the ball in order to hit it when your stroke is directing the ball where you want it to go is difficult. It takes time and a lot of practice. The use of the...
  18. Andro signed Taiwan no 2, Kao Cheng-Jui

    Butterfly doesn't have way too many players. They only pay the very top stars premium dollars and the deals for players below the top tier are worse. They don't need to pay many stars to do their marketing, this is what they have realized. If you have Fan Zhendong, Lin Shidong, Dima Ovtcharov...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    To some degree yes, when Tenergy first came out, it was a bit harder in sponge than it became over time and was similar to MX-S evolution.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It's all relative. Other than crazy responsiveness on slower shots, the thrill of Tenergy was originally that in terms of generating quality, it was actually closer to the Chinese rubbers than it was to ESN rubbers.
Top