Search results

  1. Fan zhendong, Ma Long and Cheng Meng announces Retirement from WTT/ITTF

    There is no reason why they can't field Fan, especially in team events. He is just tired of the WTT shuffle.
  2. Are inner carbon blades an exception to "don't go carbon yet"?

    As someone who used mostly all wood blades up until 2020, I would say that while preference is always personal, if you want to take a step or two off the table without using a composite, you had better chop and even then, I am not entirely sold. Quality control and the reliability of composite...
  3. Fan zhendong, Ma Long and Cheng Meng announces Retirement from WTT/ITTF

    It's clear to me based on the recent post translation that he hasn't retired from WTT permanently. He has the Olympic medal as leverage and can return to the tour on his own terms in a year or two or just be nominated by China to play if necessary.
  4. ZJK blades discontinued

    Korbel retired and the Korbel is still out there. They don't retire brands without strong marketing reasons. Boll and FZD blades will be around for a while though LSD blades will surely be in the pipeline.
  5. Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05 Hard

    Gozo will give up TT before he gives up his prideful addiction to 1-ply speed, power and rebound.
  6. Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05 Hard

    The notes are quite reasonable. I wouldn't agree on D05, it largely depends on proximity to the table. D09c is definitely the spinniest but also requires the most effort to use. I think most high level rally players who like hard sponge and don't care much for the control will prefer T05H...
  7. Attacking Long Pip Players like Ni Xia Lian and Zhou Xintong... but at the amateur level?!

    I found these thrilling to watch. Is something wrong with me? @Gozo Aruna, please ensure...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Really bad knees. Sometimes I try but every time, the pain sends me back to square one. Though I am going to keep trying for the next few months as long as I can add some general strength.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Comments welcome. My only loss from a friendly event on Sunday (did cost me first place though):
  10. I am taking a break from Table Tennis. How far will my skills drop?

    30 days isn't long - 6 months to a year to a few years, that is a different story.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Use the pips and see how far that gets you... it's not really about the equipment but about the desire to expose yourself to them and learn them... I was looking at some of my old matches against pips players and it helped me realize why I destroyed most of the pips players I played at NA...
  12. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    Thanks, it's obvious you posted before reading any of the subsequent comments.
  13. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    Oh, I have heard it from many people who have either played or coached against him, thanks for having Waldner on record. Not saying that Kanak is exactly like him in simplicity and transparency (I think Kanak is less transparent), but that someone looking at him might be puzzled that this guy...
  14. Dawn's First Win in the League!!! I'm so proud of Her !!

    Please don't post video unless you are extremely comfortable with your playing level and a modestly public identity, it takes a strong personality to deal with online trolling. Regardless of sex/gender, but it is much trickier on forums - just the reality of things.
  15. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    That wasn't the argument. Kanak's game has elements that are arguably simplistic to an (a naive) observer. It's easy to watch his game (sometimes like Chuang Chi Yuan)and wonder what he does well that makes him so good. His record in the German league is stellar. He was clearly the favorite...
  16. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    I watched it live. It was a 0-3 loss and while the second game was close, Dima dominated the match with his power in the third. I guess we can all look at these matches with the color of glasses we prefer. That's the beauty of TT. Probably the first time I have heard someone describe an 0-3...
  17. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    He lost 0-3 to Dima in the match I remember. Where is the video of the close loss?
  18. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    Not really if he was taller, he would arguably be a worse Calderano. The serves and strokes look repetitive.
  19. 2024 US Open, Las Vegas Dec 16-21

    His control of the first attack. It's at a level where if your rally game is not elite, you need to be equally good at playing for the first attack to have a chance.
  20. TTD Team KNOCKOUT Tournament 2024

    While the final was fair, I don't think the seeding really was ...
Top