Search results

  1. Hu Heming and his latest video on equipment

    https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/correct-technique-for-arm-on-forehand-topspin.35322/post-482193 To be fair, it is his right to decline and accept whoever he wants to, but my own thing is that your coaching expertise should supersede such things (but sometimes, maybe not)...
  2. Hu Heming and his latest video on equipment

    The main one that comes to mind no longer plays pro, but was a former national champion for a country in the Carribean. Some people in the US might know him. It was one of the things that surprised me about his setup when I first saw it.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    With hard rubber, spin is about brushing technique, it will be interesting to see what happens.
  4. Hu Heming and his latest video on equipment

    I have. I suspect most people wouldn't do it, but it is just a personal thing.
  5. 2024 Chinese Super League roster is out

    Lol. How old is she? She has been given a magic raquet today in this match for sure lol. I don't think it will be enough though.
  6. Fan zhendong, Ma Long and Cheng Meng announces Retirement from WTT/ITTF

    There are no Olympic singles gold medalists on tour anymore. Way to go, WTT!
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The form is upper arm driven and has recovery issues. Good luck making it stable with those fundamental issues.
  8. How to know if my bh loop will hit the table?

    It's called the breaking backhand when you form a mountain over the ball:
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is easier to enjoy piano playing than to play the piano. That said, some of the ideas in that video are what I am recommending to Gozo but not everyone likes to play with such ideas, they all think they are Ma Long...not realizing that Ma Long uses such ideas more than most...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have reasons to believe this will not work for Gozo but if it does, I will learn something new.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    If you don't like to move at all, it is impossible to play table tennis. If you don't like to move a lot, the main idea is to keep the ball on the backhand diagonal and to play good topspins. When people cannot stand the pressure, they tend to look for a moment to put the ball on the forehand...
  12. Durability of D80 and D64?

    The pips do degrade a bit differently but that comes down to personal style IMHO. Not enough to make the claim that one is far more durable than the other except maybe you are an extreme brush player.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I would need a video where you play controlled looping to be able to answer the question. The truth is that the way you imagine your play gives yourself a lot of credit. And that is okay, the most important think in TT is to enjoy your play, not to care about how others think of it unless they...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Usually, at the lowest level the sitting ball is the very easy ball. Not moving fast, we'll placed in your strike zone and esst for you to read so you can attack it and put it away with a good shot. Table tennis attacking in my opinion is about playing to get such sitting balls and expanding...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Your forehand is winning and costing you a lot of points. I don't know whether you felt the kid was so much better than you that you had to take so much risk. What you need to work on is either increasing the consistency of yout putaway shot or to build out the in-between game with more...
  16. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Thr main thing working in her favor is that rhe WTTC is not as big as deal as it once was. The Smashes deliver similar ranking points. She also has the bronze Olympic points for a while.
  17. Fan zhendong, Ma Long and Cheng Meng announces Retirement from WTT/ITTF

    Nah, the reality is more insidious than that but I will leave that to others to find out and discuss. Let's just say that there are people who benefit from the CNT playing WTT within the CNT so it is more likely that FZD will need to accept the insane WTT schedule to play than for real change...
  18. Fan zhendong, Ma Long and Cheng Meng announces Retirement from WTT/ITTF

    For now. And it is really a WTT fines protest. China can still field him if they want to or are willing to psy his fines.
  19. Fan zhendong, Ma Long and Cheng Meng announces Retirement from WTT/ITTF

    FZD can still surpass Ma Long, he can win a couple more WTTCs and another gold in 2028.
  20. Are inner carbon blades an exception to "don't go carbon yet"?

    I prefer ALC to ZLC for how I play, I feel SALC plays like ALC but faster in a material way that doesn't hurt your overall game. As in it is an improvement in speed and in a weird way spin/control that goes well with ball holding rubbers. So you could go from say T05 to Dignics or Dignics 05...
Top