Search results

  1. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    I will run tests later when I care a bit more.
  2. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    I am pretty sure. In addition to beating Harimoto and Liang, his overall performances have just been better. Everyone loses so losing can't be the barometer. Both players displayed a high level.
  3. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    C Come on, that was just a good match. Kallberg shed his title for a while now.
  4. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    Yeah, i have lots of people on my ignore list and I still see their posts and threads. They are just flagged as ignored member and I can still choose to look at them or not.
  5. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    Your thread should never have existed in the first place and this merger should have been done a long time ago, but that is a separate story. I think warnings at the pro level are a complete waste of time and actually give umpires too much of a copout. Fault the player immediately if they are...
  6. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    Because the umpire determined it was bad enough there was no point giving a warning.
  7. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    Father time is undefeated.
  8. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    Groth has been up and down over the years you mean. This guy has silver medal at European Games before.
  9. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    In the French League earlier this year or maybe last year, XP and Lebrun had a great 2-3 match where Lebrun came back to win from down 0-2. In XP's upset at China Smash, the result was 4-3 XP. So no result will prove the last time was a "fluke", any winner will be grateful regardless of the...
  10. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    Hugo has had a problem with shielding the ball with his left arm all through his career. Not sure why you are so convinced he serves cleanly just because he tosses the ball high.
  11. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    Lily doesn't have a chance.
  12. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    They are probably being formally evaluated at the tournament. This is what tends to happen at events where formal evaluations are taking place.
  13. Countering heavy top challenge

    I don't know quite how the club settings in the UK work but at my club in Philly when I started playing, there were a few very strong players 2000 to 2200 USATT, who were very aggressive ball bashers, and could generate balls loaded with spin. But they couldn't attack everything if you played a...
  14. Countering heavy top challenge

    Table tennis is so mental that you have to continue to find stories that keep you relaxed or at least in the best playing mindset. Why tight when you have stepped up a level? Unless you play your best TT when tight, you need to reframe that better.
  15. Countering heavy top challenge

    The truth is that at the amateur level, just about everyone's serves are somewhat dubious if not illegal, they just don't know it yet. And the reality is that many illegal serves don't really interfere with anyone's enjoyment of the game at the lower levels unless one makes it an issue in which...
  16. Countering heavy top challenge

    Hi Wrighty67, I don't have a great bedside manner today, so forgive me. Your blocks were really so bad that you can go back to square one and do much better if you just practiced a little bit more against slow heavy topspin with your coach. It's a very simple fix and one that should improve...
  17. Drills VS In Game

    Wrighty made a similar complaint about his game and progress a while back and as a fellow adult learner, I will tell you the same thing I told him. A lot of footwork is tied to anticipation, and the way you reduce anticipation demands is by 1) understanding the angle of play and 2) hitting...
  18. Drills VS In Game

    Getting good at drills doesn't translate to matches unless things are done in the drills that simulate what is giving you problems winning points in matches. If you are returning serves like crap and getting your returns killed, having great footwork isn't going to help with that. It is the...
  19. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    Yep, that is why I called for a return to *some* separation by association in the other thread.
  20. WTT CHAMPIONS MONTPELLIER

    Bring back separation by association, please... maybe a weaker form... something, please!
Top