Search results

  1. How do you coach players that have limited strokes?

    Your approach is correct, it is hard to coach a player without skills to win against a player who can't fall into his flaws. You look for patterns they can implement in their game, but ultimately, they have to decide if they want to level up their skills or not. And they should be able to...
  2. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Great interview, thanks for sharing, in ways both depressing and inspiring. Really gets to the core of Harimoto's character and thought process. I hope he can really get to his goals, he will be fully deserving.
  3. Went back to slower blade, now totally confused

    It's not an accident that most pros changed to composite blades after the.new ball came out, some of thr Korbel all wood holdouts went to seven plies all wood at worst. The only guy who I know who used a 5 ply (never checked but his signature blade is a 5 ply) is Lebesson.
  4. Went back to slower blade, now totally confused

    Novel experiences often feel better but the true test is actually performance in matches vs opponents you are trying to beat (better and worse players) over multiple matches and seeing whether your performance stably improves.
  5. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    Growing pains. These power players are tough. Well played, Dima!
  6. German League 2024-2025 Bundesliga Match between Fulda and Ochenhausen TTBL

    Sometimes, I wonder why Filus no longer plays... though I can understand intellectually, his not playing is a loss to the league diversity...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Other matches (sometimes unfortunately with worse camera angles than the first not great one either) - you may see a guy in a boot playing from last week:
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Point of the day (I think), though I lost that game badly:
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have heard you but sorry, I can't push and return spinny serves with Tenergy 05 unless things have changed, the ball release is too fast, and T05H is just a less sticky D09c, so Dignics 80 it has to be - I think @Dan would agree:
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Between my ankle injury, school and the job search, i haven't made am update in a while. I will share some Minor League TT video soon - not perfect but it has been fun. My coach wanted me to stop using sticky rubber on forehand so that I could get more quality in terms of speed with smaller...
  11. Heming Hu, 2xOlympian (Rio and Tokyo) in Table Tennis here to help your game and personal struggles in the game

    Beyond specific advice, a general rule that has worked for me is the desire to adapt. As a rule, if it sucks for you, it sucks for the opponent too, so it usually comes down to who adapts better to it.
  12. Tenergy 05 = most overrated equipment item?

    Korbel himself preferred Tenergy 80. So if you felt 05 was out of control, that was where to go. But in general, most of the negatives of Tenergy have been fixed in Dignics if you don't like the Tenergy tradeoff, because some players do.
  13. XIOM C55 Impressions and Comparison with H3N

    C55 is definitely sticky/tacky. If you put on protector sheets for a long time, the tack will increase. The people who love extreme tack love it, they dismiss anything that doesn't have it.
Top