Search results

  1. Ratings vs Overall. revspin.net Rankings

    Consider normalizing the ratings a bit as a normal distribution rather than as a linear score and see whether that makes a difference. I can't fully interpret the graphs without some description but I think they all have some value. The main issue with the first is that price might not be...
  2. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Do you play table tennis, or do you just argue with people who do? As in do you know how you can prevent her injury and maintain her playing level since you think it is a big issue? Do realize and remember that Hirano was almost out of the Olympics with a similar injury but you never heard a...
  3. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    I do spend a few hours and since you read zeio, you probably do too but that just not as many as I do. My point is that if you don't spend the time, stop coming in as if you know something that the people who spend the time and who are obviously not idiots are overlooking. Like I said, if you...
  4. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    She won the bronze like she was expected to. A better fight is for moral victories.
  5. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Okay. You came into this argument at the twenty-third hour and you have made your point. Thank you. You can go back and read Tony's post and decide whether any part of it required him to judge a player's career overall in all events.
  6. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    More injured than Ito, sure, than Hirano, not so sure, and I don't live and train with them, but I will never hold hard work against anyone in table tennis since I know what it takes everyone to maintain their form and style is different despite what others may tell you, anyone who looks at...
  7. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    I mean, look at the thread, it was started well before you ever enter the conversation, even if we give you the benefit of being a lurker, you would be a really proud person to think that you could come in on page 52, years after the thread started and think your arguments based on public...
  8. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    In comparing a singles career, it is not relevant to look at doubles titles. But as I pointed out, I didn't agree with Tony either, so I don't want to get hung up on arguing over that. But my point is that there is enough out there for him to look at things and make a reasonable argument. And...
  9. WTT Champions Macao 2024, 9/9-15

    Haha. Nice you are a woman/lady, welcome to the forum. No, I don't mean that, I am a table tennis fanatic and fairly conversant with a lots of things about table tennis players, I meant if you trace their parental lineage, their parents/grandparents/grandgrandparents are Chinese. The...
  10. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    A few points: Hayata has an Asian Champs gold on a year the CNT didn't participate. She also has an Adian Games silver and both an Olympics bronze and a WTTC bronze. So no, it is not all silver and bronze. There are other things at WTTC in doubles and mixed doubles but not the point. My point...
  11. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    zeio's point is the 4-0 win wasn't simply a display of WYD's form, it was a draining match that tired WYD out and without Hirano tiring out WYD, Hayata's win would not have been possible.
  12. WTT Champions Macao 2024, 9/9-15

    My point is that Chinese always felt that Harimoto was limited even when he played against them because he had technical issues - he often had issues even with weaker players before then. While Miwa lost to Bajor and Chasselin (in close matches for the record), one doesn't get the same feeling...
  13. WTT Champions Macao 2024, 9/9-15

    There were always inconsistency issues because of his forehand, he had losses to players that did not always make sense given his ranking. Let's remember he lost to An Jaehyun in 2019 WTTC. And even before that, he had struggles against players like Pitchford and Calderano in the teams...
  14. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    That's not my understanding at all, and if you really want to talk about most achieved in terms of numbers, just draw up a medals table and discuss your statements using it to note achievements. If you don't do that and claim to be talking about purely most achieved, you are being a bit...
  15. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    No one is degrading anything, if one compares things and feels one is better than another, then that is their feeling, there is nothing degrading about it. I mean are you not the one claiming someone is ahead? The question is first and foremost, what are the player's achievements and given...
  16. WTT Feeder Panagyurishte, Bulgaria 2024 Sep 11-15

    What happened to Liao Cheng Ting? He just never plays at the level I thought he would...
  17. WTT Feeder Panagyurishte, Bulgaria 2024 Sep 11-15

    Exhibit A for people who talk about how grip is so important in table tennis... don't get me wrong, it is a good grip, but I am sure the coaches who worked with her just had to figure it out as they went along.
  18. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    You do realize that Ito played in 2016 World Cup right? And that the way the World cup works, one has to be in top 2 ranked players from a country to have a chance and then get selected by the association. So no, Ito didn't get a WC bronze on her first try.
  19. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    How does one get into the World Cup in modern times and how often has the event been held since Hayata's ranking and play started qualifying her for it? If you remember and note the answer to that, you would come to a more nuanced assessment of what is happening. It's like downgrading Deng...
  20. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    As zeio pointed out, FTW was the original top non-CNT player before Hirano, and Hirano beat her every time on her way to those achievements and Hirano also beat Ito and CIC on the way to the World Cup. So it isn't that simple. The main thing here is to not ignore the nuances or to think other...
Top