Search results

  1. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    You nailed it!
  2. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    I somewhat disagree, Thailand has always been a dangerous team and YJN is not going to beat Harimoto. France really lost the match in the doubles, Pavade just had an Olympics to forget. But we both agree that any struggle that Japan has with any team other than China and maybe Korea and Taipei...
  3. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    I like the patriotism but it would be very uninteresting. Batra easily gets two wins and I am not sure any of the US girls can beat Akula. I don't see anything preventing an Indian semi unless XSN and either Yan or Kauffman enter phone booths and come out with superpowers.
  4. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Nah, India picked the best team, they used Archana Girish to make their doubles team solid with strong inverted forehands while she isn't a slouch in double inverted singles either - Ayhika only makes sense if Surtitha was the India number 2. India looks like they have a good path to SF...
  5. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    She did beat someone really good, not just a close game, in qualifying somewhere which is where I remember her improvement. But in TT, winning in your own singles isn't everything, and different players can perform somewhat better/worse under different competition conditions like teams/leagues...
  6. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    He plays with inverted on the backhand - he can continue to evolve to play all strokes and distances if he wants to, while Mima because of her pips and height is limited to close to the table play. Acting like the way a player plays today is the only way he will play forever is contrary to just...
  7. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Thankfully, he beat Wang Chuqin before they realized the truth of your analysis.
  8. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    It will be Lutz vs Jinipa Sawettabut. Jinnipa has improved a lot, but Lutz is very capable. It should go five to be fair, and it will be a good stage for the C players on both teams.
  9. First Hurricane attempt

    The last rubber I used before I switched to H3 was Rakza Z and before that Golden Tango and Rakza Z EH, none of which are really that different from Dignics 09c IMHO. I also used Tenergy 05H. And at various points in the past I have used all the rubbers you mentioned. Hurricane and Skyline...
  10. First Hurricane attempt

    I spent almost all my playing career playing a variety of ESN and Butterfly rubbers. I have never boosted Hurricane or Skyline. I am perfectly fine using them. Admittedly I play a largely close to the table game. And maybe I would change my mind if I boosted the rubbers. But there is...
  11. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Harimoto doesn't have the silver. He played the best match against FZD. Truls clearly deserved his silver so it is splitting hairs. If you think Harimoto deserves the silver more that is an opinion. But it will not take away Truls silver. Nor the fact he beat Wang to get it. Nothing about...
  12. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    It's a compliment to Harimoto, not an insult to Truls IMHO.
  13. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Yeah that Kanak result was a relative surprise at the time. Kanak is a year older and is a technically solid player so he does have those surprises when the "better" player is off. For Hugo though, I don't think it was just the extra day, I think Felix and coach worked out how they wanted to...
  14. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    English is unlikely to be your first language but since I was the guy who wrote about boring match, it was my prediction which Harimoto exceeded beyond my expectations. And it was clear after that everyone had a right to make fun of my prediction and many did.
  15. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    You probably weren't watching the English commentary with Bobrow when you posted that lol. Captain Obvious.
  16. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    He isn't just exaggerating he is blind.
  17. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Don Parker put it best - only 2 Europeans have won silver in the Olympics singles, Waldner and Gatien. Truls is the third. And no silly asterisk about beating Chinese players either.
  18. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Truls shows that 4 years can make a difference even if the result is still the same.
  19. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    One example - when lots of commentators were calling Fan predictable and boring, Don Parker was the commentator who said that Fan is the most consistent player he has ever seen. And it made me realize that rallying is a superpower for Fan. And he is far less predictable now as well.
  20. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    I hear you. Like I said I learned a lot from him so when I hear people speaking as if his commentary works for no one I add my perspective. I used to do the same thing when people said Bobrow was bad in his early days. I will take Don Parker commentary over no commentary any day. Even over...
Top