Search results

  1. Carbon or wood?

    If you get really good coach it won't matter so much. If not, get all wood.
  2. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    I think that one was 3-1 actually. That was Timo and Duda and Timo beat Falck, but Duda and Timo lost to Truls and I think Karlsson beat the #3 German kid but maybe it was Kallberg my memory fades.
  3. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    But would the crowd have cheered like that for Franziska had he lost? :D
  4. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Well, it is the end of an era for Germany and a new era for Germany. Tomorrow we get an epic match between Japan and Sweden for the first MT semifinal... so we get to settle who the hypothetical silver medallist is in a H2H, lol..
  5. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    The most damning part of this is that this is the same team that Germany beat in European games last year. And Franziska clinched the winning match then, the main difference though is that Dang beat Truls in singles if my memory serves me right.
  6. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Their performance in Busan probably scared them a bit because based on the team in Busan, that was the original plan.
  7. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    This is exactly what I feared, Kallberg vs. Timo. Franziska and Nowitski watching the execution together.
  8. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    I wonder whether getting zero medals at these games will trigger review of German TT and Rosskopf...
  9. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Okay, so now Timo has to justify being picked over Franziska because Franziska would be the favorite over any player in this matchup.
  10. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    He did them against Fan, he has been doing them all tournament, sometimes on or off camera. But people only notice these things when someone is losing because they are more intense then.
  11. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Not at all, Dima is a good player and pushed Felix. Was also a regular training partner of Truls since they play for the same club even if they are not together all the time. These are all 50-50 matches, not matches where only one player wins convincingly. The scores so far are all normal.
  12. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    I told everyone that nothing about him really changed, maybe he is slightly fitter. Winning just conceals certain things that people make a big deal about.
  13. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Not so sure, but Dima will always fight so you know his matches are never over until they are over. Same with Timo though at matchup with Kallberg won't be great for him, and of course, Qiu is the Euro champ.
  14. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Japan vs Sweden with the corresponding Harimoto vs Truls match beginning to make more sense.
  15. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    If Germany loses this match, and Boll loses doubles and his singles match, the "Franziska was robbed" crowd will yell: "I told you so!"
  16. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    I guess we will see how it plays out, but Hayata beat Batra the last time they played and I don't think she was in tip top shape then either... I considered that 2022 Asian Cup Hayata to be an injured Hayata in my head, I felt her level was lower even before that event started probably with...
  17. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    This was true for Truls as well but something happened... so we should just focus a bit more on what the actual matches produced and a bit less on what happened in other matches in the past...
  18. How stiff is Viscaria actually?

    Would like to add a couple of comments: 1) It is very important to measure the weight and frequency of the specific Viscaria. Viscarias have evolved over the years even in how they are designed to play, with other versions being a bit less stiff and newer versions being a bit stiffer for the...
  19. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    How did you count 3? It was only 2. The confidence originated from having the best player in the matchup (LYJ) and 2 players who could do well on a good day (CCY, KCJ). But they already lost the Teams matchup in Busan in the group stages so they were clearly the underdog. But even in losing...
  20. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    That is a massive plot twist given Hirano and Hayata know how to play pips and would be the favorites in the doubles and their individual matchups vs Akula and Giri Kamath. So I understand it but I don't see it. The Japanese took the mission seriously, you even see Idesawa in their cheering...
Top