Search results

  1. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    The tournament is soon after the Olympics and the very top players will likely need rest. At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised if the Olympians don't play. WMY and WCQ possibly but the result, unlikely.
  2. 27th ITTF-Asian Table Tennis Championships 2024, Astana, 10/7-13

    95% sure that China will skip this or send a B-team...
  3. XIOM C55 Impressions and Comparison with H3N

    A lot of it is sponge hardness. As a rubber gets closer to 54+ degrees, it gets closer to what Hurricane plays like IMHO. But I agree, the linearity of the DHS offerings is just different, my bestie is Skyline 3, but I also like the others a lot, just not as much.
  4. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    I read the answer and get a different impression from you (she is basically saying she was worse than her opponent in almost every way under pressure). Thanks for posting.
  5. Played against guy w/Rakza Z on fh

    Rakza Z is a spinny rubber, above average in spin but not that powerful, which is what most people desire in a forehand rubber (a combination of spin and power). But usually, your issues with spin are often more about your playing level relative to the player looping and your use of equipment...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Transition steps to retain balance and reduce inertia are not always conscious things. But the fitter you are and the more you play with your legs and need to rebalance after powerful shots, something like this becomes inevitable once the level of play happens at an extremely challenging speed...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Play and train with the same set up. No reason to do otherwise unless you are coaching and feed a lot of multiball and do not want to wear our your primary setup.
  8. [WRM] The "breaking" backhand and other types of topspin backhands

    I can see why You would consider Kanak to be more Kaitai for sure but I have never found the sideways element of his loops to be particularly strong, but I guess the forward element isn't particularly strong either. All of the players I listed as kaitai have a significant sideways element and...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    What you are saying is correct but such things are always level relative and I try to emphasize that because we need to be careful when teaching adult learners and embracing the "this is only good if it works for or looks like Ma Long or Fan Zhendong" mindset. Things like weight shifts and body...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This is the Dubina article on the subject from ancient times (though I didn't get all my original teaching from him and there are nuanced modifications for less athletic players). You don't do it at high speed immediately, you learn the strokes that make it possible, and get better and better...
  11. Liang Jingkun and Lin Gaoyuan playing for German club Post SV Mühlhausen the upcoming season

    It is likely a loan/exchange agreement with the CNT to expand exposure/training of CNT techniques - there are similar things already in France. With ETTU/League rules, there is a limit on foreign players available for a single match, and maybe the expectation is that both might be required for...
  12. [WRM] The "breaking" backhand and other types of topspin backhands

    My backhand is "kaitai" all the way, and a lot of top backhands especially in away from the table rallies (FZD, Calderano, Franziska, Pitchford, Lin, LYJ) are largely "Kaitai". I have never been able to seriously understand Ko as a default technique (Harimoto, Liang, arguably Ma Long and...
  13. [WRM] The "breaking" backhand and other types of topspin backhands

    This series has been fire! Coach Meng for President!
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The humidity though...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I have been enjoying my play recently, my new setup has been playing well, I am convinced I prefer orange sponge Skyline 3 to Blue sponge Skyline 3, while I still want to try D80, D05 has been good for me. The EJ in me wants to test Skyline 3 and D05 on the Cybershape since I like that...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I misread the post originally and didn't realize until reading later conversations that you lost the 5th set. I watched the match and it was pretty nice. On the weaker player thing: while I (and I am sure everyone here) loves counterlooping points, it is very important to appreciate winning...
  17. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    When I make these posts/comments, the intended audience know themselves. ;)
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One last video on developing quality in practice - hear it from an upcoming pro so that no one will say it is just what NL said. The one thing I somewhat have a different take from him is that you can also learn a lot of this quality with really spinny serving. But I did learn some of it from...
  19. Paris Olympic Games 2024

    Conspiracy theories captured in Youtube shorts as usual...
  20. Rubber advice for Nittaku Acoustic

    You are a stronger player than most of us here, it would be interesting to see what your issues are on video. I think the fast arc series are decent, they have hard topsheet but C1 has soft sponge. I don't know whether it will solve your problem if you don't like Rozena though as their...
Top