Search results

  1. Tibhar K3 durability and alternatives

    You are a softie lol... no, their sponge wasn't *that* hard...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Absolutely zero problem doing this, and unless you are at a pretty strong, we are not at the level where our strokes should be *that* sensitive to minor changes in equipment age based on storage and the kinds of quality I have seen from ESN and DHS in recent times. I know many players who stock...
  3. WTT Champions Chongqing 2024

    If Jorgic isn't jet-lagged, Alexis has gone up a level for sure.
  4. WTT Champions Chongqing 2024

    Youtube with VPN pointed at Canada. It might be on ESPN3 in the US, but the only reason I bought VPN was to watch WTT matches so I am already paying subscription fee in my head given their (WTT's) complete inability to think about their fans when making these stupid decisions around licensing...
  5. WTT Champions Chongqing 2024

    Wasn't it 3-1?
  6. WTT Champions Chongqing 2024

    I guess we can agree to disagree, inverted (especially hard sponge inverted) has a higher threshold on blocking apinny loops than long pips and the change in ball quality and speed messes up players who are not expecting it, which is why Batra wins many points doing it at the right moment. The...
  7. WTT Champions Chongqing 2024

    Working for me.
  8. WTT Champions Chongqing 2024

    The problem is what happens when the pips player makes the block against a high quality loop, Sreeja just didn't land enough of those blocks. Goda managed to overwhelm Sreeja by being able to reloop which is more difficult than meets the eye without a good understanding of your own spin...
  9. WTT Champions Chongqing 2024

    Exhilarating- that word does not mean what your sentence implies it must mean..
  10. WTT Champions Chongqing 2024

    No sound. The WTT innovation engine finds new broadcasting lows.
  11. Major League Table Tennis (MLTT)

    I guess Tyrese Knight is gone?
  12. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    I played arm only backhand loops for years and I turned out okay. We sometimes over intellectualize the learning process because we don't know how many roads can lead to Rome including thoae that take a seemingly wrong path. In the end, the main reason why you don't hit proper backhands in...
  13. Tibhar K3 durability and alternatives

    Waldner hyped it up on TTD - how can no one be talking about if Waldner talked about it? :D.
  14. What are your top annoyances about assembling your own table tennis bats?

    Cybershape rubbers being different from regular rubbers to the point you can't easily switch them. Of course you kind of can but you know what I mean...
  15. Backhand topspin tutorials are useless

    Grip is something that is infinitely flexible and there are so many tips that in the end, the most important thing is to try stuff and see whether it works for you if you can't pay a coach to take complete ownership of your training. I have played with both my thumb on and off the blade for...
  16. Two lefties playing doubles

    Belgium and Denmark I believe sometimes play lefties doubles teams as well.
  17. WTT Champions Chongqing 2024

    Not a good draw for Quadri but he will do what he can. Felix Lebrun is tough...
  18. Two lefties playing doubles

    Also is a challenge depending in whether the stronger side is backhand or forehand. But depending on that, I would look into practicing serves that best set up your opponent's handedness. It's tremendous to play sports with Parkinsons, much respect to you for what you do.
  19. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    At some point, Odo may join them as well.
  20. 2024 WTT Contender Rio De Janeiro 5/20-5/26

    The one thing I found interesting was that the last two points that Nagasaki won with backhand, she went flat rather than spin and the change in timing and the magnitude of the moment made Hayata miss the ball. It was nice to see Miyu play with the kind of variation that she usually doesn't use...
Top