Search results

  1. Saudi Smash 2024

    I will let you and Tony complete this new tangent until you show relevance to my original point. In the infamous words of the Sharks, thanks, but I'm out.
  2. Saudi Smash 2024

    Okay. I guess everyone can decide for themselves if they are willing to wade through the links whether it is normal for an athlete to get punished for the failure of a nation to send a national team. Not holding my breath here.
  3. Saudi Smash 2024

    Rather than spam, can you please cite what you find specifically relevant to this discussion that shows where a player is fined for not attending a national event as opposed to the country being fined for not fielding a team and the professional association that justifies it? I really don't...
  4. World Cup 2024

    Because you haven't been following the discussion. It is a bit much to read in isolation to one post and then pretend that someone who has been involved in the conversation and has exchanged ideas over many posts can't interpret it differently. It is okay to read it differently but arguing...
  5. Saudi Smash 2024

    We can agree to disagree, I know of no situation in team sports where a country fails to send players and the penalty is addressed to the player ans not the country for failure to participate. This is the kind of thing that Quadri is speaking about when he talks of racism. Taking approaches...
  6. Saudi Smash 2024

    You didn't mention ATTU in your original post, you mentioned various Asian national associations vs the ETTU. That was my point. Even accepting your change of focus, ATTU has no analogous event to the ECL so again, these are apples to oranges comparisons but you persist in making them for...
  7. a

    Not sold on cleaning the rubber that frequently. Leaving the protector sheets on for a long time on clean rubber tenda to bring out the tackiness. I don't boost so I don't need it and the one time I increased the tackiness. It was a pain to play with so I juat stopped doing it.
  8. Saudi Smash 2024

    You mean there is an Asian club champions league? Or that the ETTU is now a country org and not a continental organization and your analogy is perfect? Seriously?
  9. Saudi Smash 2024

    Are all those players paying out of pocket or funded by their national teams to attend these events? It is of interest to know who is funding what when doing these apples to oranges comparisons. Remember that for Busan, the punishment being applied to Quadri should technically be applied to...
  10. Harimoto: In terms of table tennis, I prefer ZJK to ML. ML is amazing but it is simply the result of working and playing diligently.

    For those particular matches, he lost, no doubt. But there were a lot of other matches that made that claim a bit dubious as an overall report of their relative statuses. Language obscures a lot of things. But head to head, I would argue that Wang Hao's backhand advantages, especially with...
  11. Harimoto: In terms of table tennis, I prefer ZJK to ML. ML is amazing but it is simply the result of working and playing diligently.

    I think so, matchups over time vs form in specific matches is a tricky subject. Definitely experience could be the primary reason one is better but it could also just be skills or strategy.
  12. Saudi Smash 2024

    The issue of fairness is entirely the crux here. Feel free to make up your own issues or draw your own parallels but this would interest no one if they felt that what the WTT was executing was in the best interests of the players and the sport. These are not issues that I have heard voiced by...
  13. Saudi Smash 2024

    He is allowed to play devil's advocate.
  14. How were pendulum serves returned, before the backhand Flip was more established?

    Was it easier? No. At least, not the spin dimension. The spin slowed quite a few people down. Back then though, the use of extremely fast equipment like has been built for the new balls wasn't in vogue. Yes there was speed glue and the game could be fast, but definitely not the kind of speed...
  15. a

    If you really care about tack so much, just use a protector sheet. The tack will increase.
  16. TableTennisDaily vs Pongfinity | BIGGEST MATCH EVER!

    Emil became a chopper relatively recently. I would be surprised if he was still stronger than Mikka when he switched to chopping
  17. Saudi Smash 2024

    The thing is this: let's hear how the top players make money and on that basis decide whether it makes any sense for us to compare someone whose primary source of funding is his/her government or corporate sponsorship and probably has no children to someone like Quadri, who has to manage his...
  18. Saudi Smash 2024

    Not entirely sure I agree, 2020 and 2021 were Covid affected, and the last two years have been the first full periods of the WTT with the current year having more activity bundled in than than most of last year. There has always been some degree of continental bonus in the system, Quadri has...
  19. Dignics on a Budget?! | Glayzer vs Glayzer 09C Review

    I have now seen it all. I can rest in peace now.
  20. Saudi Smash 2024

    But playing less now impacts his ranking and his ranking is built into his opportunities to play and make money even if it isn't his primary source of revenue. So he will not make as much money if his ranking is reduced. It's definitely not straightforward.
Top