Search results

  1. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Lol. Ma Long wasn't concerned so you should never have been. He carries his gauge in his bag at all times.
  2. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    On Hirano, I don't doubt she is that ZJK type player. I just remind people that just like ZJK, you never know precisely what you are going to get and pretending you are can get you into trouble. But she has the Olympics now, let us see how it goes. She also needs to improve her seeding, so...
  3. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Gauzy was still in WJTTC in 2011, it is easy to forget this. For kicks, remember that Koki Niwa who has retired from national team play because of the competition is about the same age.
  4. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Anyone still think Gauzy should be replacing Alexis after watching this, regardless of the result?
  5. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    I stressed this yesterday but it seemed I was on an island about that being the critical match. But maybe the other musketeers will change the plot
  6. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Miu played the #3 player on the other team throughout the tournament against the stronger teams. She struggled with the Iranian antispin lady. Let's not use her success now not to put her performance in perspective.
  7. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Wang Yidi has gotten a WTTC bronze in both 2021 ( and lost to Hayata in 2023 in a close match - my brain is a mess) which to me is pretty close. Ma Long was considered th besr player in the world between 2009 and 2013 !and three bronzes were literally all he had at the WTTC. Xu Xin never did...
  8. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    That is one way of looking at it. The alternative is that WMY and WYD have both had years to earn their rankings on the tour and the rankings result in certain consequences. Wang Yidi on the finals team and Wang Manyu not on the finals team was one of those consequences. Technically both...
  9. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    I think she is fine. The pressure for 2024 is not the same as the pressure for 2020/2021 Tokyo. I think that pressure ruined Harimoto as they rushed him rather than developed him doe the long term. Right now, I don't think Miwa has anything close to the same pressure, she is more like Ito in...
  10. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Yes but he did play match 1 and 4. Fan played match 2 and 4. Stress is real, we can and should excuse athletes for challenges dealing with the pressure but it is part of the team sport. Players are human beings, Jang has always had limitations with his style that expose him against certain...
  11. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    His point is that it is all money and not so much fairness. In reality, it is always a mix of both, but the fairness definitely needs to be addressed.
  12. Now I know why zeio wanted Lee Sang Soo to retire.

    I though An was a more natural Doubles partner for Lim but maybe things changed. He has shown some Ma Long type aging these past 12 months. Really impressive.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This ancient video with ancient arm driven technique (easier with thr celluloid ball) makes a similar point. Though at the highest level and with the new balls as well, the shot quality might made a difference depending on approach.
  14. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Depends on where you live. If it is covered by a local/regional contract, it will be blocked. If it is not, it will be available I think. But maybe I am wrong. I am in the US so I watch it on espn3.com. But before the second day of quarters and semis, I used a VPN tuned to Canada and it...
  15. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Someone posted that Germany Qiu Dang complained about Germany not playing much especially practice on table 1 and table 2 affecting them in the match vs Taiwan. For dingyvbus, it is not a fairness issue to be addressed, Germany need to build a training hall and make it replicate table 1 and...
  16. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    I agree 100% with your conclusion. Maybe Wang Yidi would have handled the challenge that Miwa presented better? Hindsight is always 20‐20 but before a binary result event, it is really 50‐50. It's not like Hirano blew Wang Yidi off the table, it was always a competitive match despite the set...
  17. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Check out the Tom Lodziak video where he compares what he does to what Liam does. Both players actually track the ball with the backswing but the check mark motion or circular backswing is much more pronounced in Pitchford (for natural reasons) and ends up with his backswing leading with the...
  18. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    It is stupid if coaching systems don't allow for playing favorites and that is a problem in this system where the coach is also the personal coach of some of the players. It's an issue inherent in most national teams selection so you have to be careful with the calls you make, especially if...
  19. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    I think you give Jang too much credit and FZD nor enough.
  20. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    I think playing your strongest player outside the power slot is asking for a lot of second guessing when things go wrong. Think about the massive security having Sun Yingsha and Fan Zhendong in the power slot gave their teams. In any case, it will communicate a healthy respect for Felix.
Top