Search results

  1. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    The Japanese Olympic TT teams are: Women : Hayata, Hirano, Harimoto Men: Harimoto, Togami, Shinozuka XD: Harimoto, Hayata Two of your team members have to be in the singles event barring injury substitutions. The XD team can be any man or woman from the the teams. So more likely than not...
  2. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    The Hungarians are mercurial and experienced and Togami and Shinozuka have time to figure it out. Let's remember that Mizutani and Niwa got it done in the end vs the Koreans no less. If they can do it, Togami and Shinozuka have hope.
  3. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    That's the team event - it's not MD or WD. IT's still there. But the Japanese can field any combination of players in the doubles match.
  4. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Only XD is an Olympic event. And that is Harimoto/Hayata.
  5. Would you like to see ELO ratings applied to pro players?

    Because he is under 2750? or because the gap between him and the next player is smaller than the gap between Magnus and the next best player? Magnus achieved that rating in 2014 by the way.
  6. WTT Feeder Manchester Feb 2024

    IT is actually the better way to go if they can make it work, the problem is trusting the people who are doing this. They really do need to commercialize the sport, it is hard for us to complain when they make attempts.
  7. WTT Feeder Manchester Feb 2024

    Hmm.... how do you know it isn't modified flying insect equipment? :unsure:
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'm the wrong person to ask, when I was your rating, I was largely a blocker, admittedly with the 40mm ball. Footwork was a bit of a luxury. Right now I am an old man who can't play an event without feeling like he needs new knees. The kids just block me to the left and to the right and I am...
  9. WTT Feeder Manchester Feb 2024

    Happy Lily could take it all, and Cho was just building his ego for future events. Ranfeur is a bit older already (late 20s), and with the Swedish logjam on the top team, it is unlikely he will ever get major burn. But crazier things have happened. I believe the current men's team is Truls...
  10. WTT Feeder Manchester Feb 2024

    Bajor sometimes plays like the best women's player in Europe, and then sometimes plays like a very good player - I think as you pointed out, it is probably something about the backhand rally and whether you can use tactics to constrain her. It was probably a case of strength against strength...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This has to be one of the smartest statements period in TT when it comes to playing pips players, I find too many players who want to hit the ball hard against a pips player before taking their time to figure out what is on it, and how to get the ball they can put away.
  12. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Miwa never won the WJTTC nor the Japanese women's single title at the age of 15. She still has zero wins against core CNT female players. If in 5 years time, she still has no medals at WTTC or Olympics singles, are you going to say similar things about her to the things you are saying about...
  13. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    A couple of things: I never ascribed those ideas to you (where did I say "TBH said/wrote"), though I have already pointed out, your use of some dubious analogies could easily have justified them. I discussed those ideas in an isolated post that did not quote or respond to you and you can...
  14. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Please quote where I misrepresented your opinion as a start. You say a lot of irresponsible stuff and when called out on it, you now seem to want to accuse people of putting words in your mouth without responsibly quoting when I supposedly did so. You have written a lot of things that implied...
  15. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    The way you can tell he is full of BS is that he supposedly likes Miwa, who has not beaten anyone or done anything compared to what her brother did at the same age, just because she seems to be on a good path and doesn't have the supposedly same level of hype probably because she hasn't done...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    One of the benefits of the USATT rating system is that it gives you good context on your opponent's playing level. My first rating coming out of a tournament in 2011 was 563. I lost to everyone I played other than the club owner's wife, who I beat twice. 8 months later, after taking lessons...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I know you are trying to get some laughs but given that it isn't clear you know how to use your blade either, not sure whether to laugh...
  18. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Of course your view not changing doesn't make it any less worthy of derision. It is definitely your right to maintain your opinion no matter how wrong I think it js but that has nothing to do with my right to tell you that your opinion is based on naive views of how career trajectories work...
  19. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    The freedom to believe obnoxious things does not make them any less obnoxious. And the attitude of requiring growth measured by short term results even when the right path can hurt the short term results of the player is precisely the tradeoff you refuse to discuss and is why fans like you who...
  20. WTT Feeder Manchester Feb 2024

    Huang Yi-hua, the lady who beat Ni, is the favorite for me. Lily wouldn't stand a chance against Ni but that is of course a pips matchup, she might do well against Huang, but Huang also beat Pesotska, who tends to compete well with Lily. Lily is a favorite for me in her semi even as Vivarelli...
Top