Search results

  1. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    I agree that his act might have been innocent at most events but in general feeling thr need to kick/destroy things as an anger management strategy or celebration is pretty lame, whatever people think of Zhang Jike. But I think like you pointed out, the key thing is that the consequence here...
  2. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Bence Majoros and Jakub Dyjas - hoping they still can come back and do better and even great things. First time today that I noticed that Bence and Pitchford have some weird resemblances (some not as strong as others) in game style and physique.
  3. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    I saw the Poland sorry I meant Denmark vs Portugal results and it didn't make sense to me. Then I read the news story and it made perfect sense. Unfortunate that Anders Lind despite his obvious talent still behaves like a petulant child at the worst time, hopefully the fact that it cost his...
  4. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    13-11 in the 5th in front of your home crowd to clinch the match - that must be exhilarating after the fact!
  5. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Hungary (before Sweden) was the China of Europe lol! OK, I know that statement is dubious but I hope you get the spirit of it... :ROFLMAO:
  6. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Looks from the match scores that Sweden is in a fight with Hungary - wondering who lost for Sweden...
  7. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    The stereotypes have largely evaporated at the world class level, but they still exist in the paradigms of the fans and the analysts.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Someone posted this on mytt, I think some of you might enjoy it.
  9. Harimoto loses to balding Grandpa

    Just noticed that his equipment on the global page is different lol: https://butterflyonline.com/players/tomokazu-harimoto/ Just noticed that his equipment on the global page is different: Equipment Harimoto Tomokazu Innerforce ALC Dignics 05 Dignics 09C Tomokazu Harimoto Pro-Line Racket
  10. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    IMHO, it is as much about Truls as it is about the ref. Truls serves so cleanly that the umpire feels the need to level the playing field. Not that Truls needed the help, he sees the ball well.
  11. A pathetic situation?

    This is especially true because of the spin aspect and many people hate/do not appreciate this.
  12. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    What did you think of the result vs Hungary? Did it change your mind about anything?
  13. 2023 Pan America Table Tennis Championships

    Maybe we should make all these championships one thread in the future lol. Hugo won the men's title over Nicolas Burgos (of Chile, I believe) and Amy Wang of the USA won to best of 7s by the minimum two points over Adriana Diaz and Bruna Takahashi to take the women's title. Here is the youtube...
  14. 2023 African Table Tennis Championships

    Quadri vs Omar live in the Team Event, Nigeria down 1-2 to Egypt in the match scores.
  15. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Those are my thoughts as well, but it is a reminder that being local champion is very different from having a game that travels well. That said, Jarvis beat older Ionescu earlier this year a few weeks ago in a win that surprised me, so at some point we need Jarvis to actually do it in these...
  16. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    I hear that, but I wonder if that would have been the sentiment if Drinkhall didn't beat him 3-0. The kid is higher ranked than Drinkhall, almost eliminated Gauzy at the WTTC as well. And the older Ionescu isn't chopped liver either and he decimated Drinkhall. So the way I see it, the team...
  17. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Young Ionescu beat Dima at European Games and is the European U19 champion (likely the Lebruns didn't play) - let's just say I find Drinkhall's win more of the outlier than Pitchford's loss. https://worldtabletennis.com/allplayersranking?Age=YOUTH&selectedTab=BOYS%27%20SINGLES
  18. European Team Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Pitch won the hardest match to win that contest, form or not - give him some credit. The real question is why Jarvis is not trusted enough as British champion to step up and play in one of the top 2 spots.
Top