Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Tacky rubber definitely requires breaking in, because tack slows the ball the down. You at least need to play with it to get used to it and sometimes to reduce the tack (or at least get the feeling it gives you out of your head). If you use any tacky rubber long enough, the tack reduces a...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is a strategy yes, but far more effective is a bit much. The most effective shot is to hit the middle. The others are riskier but the key is to figure out how to thwart opponent predictions as a good blocker will bring back any of those shots with some reliability except the one to the middle.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Don't over think it then, just play.
  4. Dead dignics 09c ??

    When you glue,, let the layers on blade and rubber dry before attaching. It might take an hour and you might help the process a bit by fanning the rubber, but the bond you get from letting the glue dry is much stronger, though it means you have to attach more carefully because if you misplace...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    If it really feels dead and it is original, then reglue it. No way Dignics 09c should feel dead. If you are hitting with another player, they should be able to see what you think if the contact is not good. And it is a bit stickier when it starts out, and the sheets will keep it so, some...
  6. Chinese National Team Warm Up Matches for Asian Championship

    The matches need to have stakes. Xu Xin could be Ma Long in Tour events and trials as well. It needs to be a a WTTC or something like that for LGY to get serious consideration.
  7. For those over 30yo, what could you have done differently?

    The funny thing is that this is kinda true for me too but in a weird way. Coincidence or causation? I suspect coincidence, but I have made a deliberate decision to reduce cardio and gain muscle, though it clearly isn't lean muscle lol....
  8. For those over 30yo, what could you have done differently?

    Would have found kneesovertoesguy much earlier in my life and also eaten a lot more protein (being vegan did a lot of damage to my health and body). In general, most of the other things I did reasonably well. I am still learning stuff now like how to brace my core...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Last match from this event for this forum - on both videos, any comments are welcome. This is a more unfamiliar opponent and he did surprise me to be honest, though I had played him once before with a similar score.
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah, not easy to see the blade shape sometimes though it is funny what people who are not table tennis fanatics say when they see me using it lol. I also have a pretty high grip on the handle and large hands and camera distance didn't really help. I actually wanted to make some comments on...
  11. Advice to improve my game.

    That's because they aren't using whip mechanics, and whip mechanics, as I use the phrase, are more about being able to make the arm a Kinetic chain that takes the energy the body transmits as opposed to being the focus of effort. There are many ways to describe good table tennis and teach...
  12. Advice to improve my game.

    Try cracking a whip or hammering a nail some time. It is very similar to these videos.
  13. I wanna play with the big boys!

    Not really. The main point is that using pips that have more grip (going from long pips to short pips) is similar to going from Hurricane to Dignics 05, in that thr strokes that might have worked seamlessly before need to be retrained. Long pios being less grippy obviously means they react...
  14. I wanna play with the big boys!

    I have beaten many players who use pips or dead ball strokes when I struggle to beat players at that level who use spin strokes. The issue you are describing goes both ways. Playing flat tends to affect people who want you to spin all the time, pips just make it easier to play flatter balls...
  15. Advice to improve my game.

    Seth Pech has a great new video on YouTube on the 14 mistakes of the forehand topspin. He also has some great advice about improving and correcting technique. Sometimes you have to exaggerate what you are trying to do to get your body to accept it. I tell people that you have to get the right...
  16. Advice to improve my game.

    Something like that is how your elbow and wrist should feel when you are swinging at the ball on your forehand and your backhand. That let's you get good and fast racket head speed which you can work on controlling with timing and practice. It's easier to use this whippy technique to loop...
  17. Advice to improve my game.

    Hey, Phil, have you ever cracked a whip before? Or hammered a nail?
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So here is the video of the second match of the final - some points are probably missing as this is my first real attempt to use an editor to remove points and I am learning Lightworks. But at least, I have done one, maybe I will get better with time doing this. Thanks for watching. And do...
  19. I wanna play with the big boys!

    It is interesting, but it is already a well known attitude. This video describes it well:
Top