Search results

  1. French National Championships 2023: B.O.B final !

    Yes. The gap will close as Felix gets older.
  2. Long Life to Hybrid Rubbers 🏓 🙌

    Interesting - that's not my impression of 245 at all, but table tennis feelings are unique to each individual and I didn't use the penhold version either.
  3. UK Nationals 2023 finals long weekend

    This is far more the norm than the exception in most countries that don't have the top leagues. I think it's to England's credit that they can get a player like Jarvis (and even the other three) without a good TT infrastructure - probably unpopular view but my two cents. Most countries are...
  4. UK Nationals 2023 finals long weekend

    Haha, Paul is a world class player I just think it was unfortunate that he was so far ahead of his peers as a junior and wasn't able to get the full rewards of physical training earlier in his career.
  5. UK Nationals 2023 finals long weekend

    Paul's age I could agree with you and I considered his married status as well, but with the Olympics next year and the fact he has travelled on tour, he might make one last push. Liam gas ups and downs with his mental health struggles but his talent still makes him extremely dangerous even if...
  6. UK Nationals 2023 finals long weekend

    Don't know much if anything about their individual personal circumstances but both of them are too good to fade away, they have been challenged and I suspect they will respond.
  7. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    We agree on substance but the motives for not admitting that even a backspin serve with tacky rubber requires more effort than a backspin serve with non-tacky rubber are not entirely innocent if you trace the argument. In the end, we don't gain much from these arguments over what words mean...
  8. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    Then why is there disagreement with Merlin's statement that getting this extra spin requires more effort and thicker contact, especially because most tacky rubber requires harder sponge and tack makes getting ball separation harder? I think you missed the main point here - everyone other than...
  9. UK Nationals 2023 finals long weekend

    Pitchford needs to fix his game so he is not this susceptible to Walker. Jarvis is on the verge of breaking out - what country does he play league in?
  10. What’s NOT good with Rozena?

    Your list of competitors is interesting. I am sure there woud be some debate but for me, I remember a 2300 guy who visibly and notoriously got better spin from Andro Hexer than Tenergy 05. Anyone who doesnt give himself to adapt to a rubber and understand what the full picture is after trying...
  11. French National Championships 2023: B.O.B final !

    The Lebrus playing each other might actually be the fastest paced high level table tennis matchup . Nobody stalling in between points lol.
  12. UK Nationals 2023 finals long weekend

    Wow. The young guns are not messing around....
  13. Speed glue / tensor = same thing?

    I did read in a discussion on mytt that MX-D is more stable. Not that I care these days but maybe people who like slightly harder sponge and don't like MX-P because the booster doesn't last might do okay with MX-D.
  14. What’s NOT good with Rozena?

    G1 is cheaper than Rozena if you order at TT11. Just saying...
  15. French National Championships 2023: B.O.B final !

    I caught thr last game of Gauzy‐Lebrun, it was really hard to watch. Gauzy looked like someone who belonged in a museum. I hope he can find some reserves in his game because he cant go from beating Xu Xin to this.
  16. UK Nationals 2023 finals long weekend

    So Jarvis won the other semi over who?
  17. UK Nationals 2023 finals long weekend

    Wow. Walker does have those phone booth moments, they just don't seem to last.
  18. What’s NOT good with Rozena?

    Yeah, to be fair, I know people who use cheap Chinese rubblers like Hurricane or commericial H3 and laugh at me using sticky ESN hybrids that cost way more. In the end, people should use whatever they feel happy playing with, the main point of Rozena is that people can trust the properties...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Counter spin with backhand is risky but the backswing with the bow and the wrist positioning is incredibly important. Otherwise there is very little to give to the ball over a short distance and you are better off just flat blocking or punch blocking as those are far less risky. It is really...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks for sharing. Ttlondon2012 posted some Kallberg and Truls highlight videos throughout the tournament. What happened to Karlsson and Falck? Truls has an interesting semifinal vs Persson but not sure who Kallberg faced.... I got YouTube alerts for the French and Felix went down 0‐3 to a...
Top