Search results

  1. What’s NOT good with Rozena?

    Agreed to an extent. There are tradeoffs people have to make. The thing is that I have seen USATT 2200 players play well with Rozena. As Lazer pointed out, Tenergy places demands on your passive play that many people who use it can't deliver on. For what Rozena does, it is a much better...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    When you have crossed over to he forehand side and then a ball is played to your backhand and you have to hit it while moving back into the backhand corner. Unless you hand switch you have to to use backhand cross footwork and position your elbow properly relative to the ball. Since you arent...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think you can (sit on the backhand since it is more arm driven and tuck the elbow back in es part of the forehand backswing) but it doesnt really matter. The most important thing is to have patterns that make you ready for the shots you intend to play once you anticipate them. I think when...
  4. What’s NOT good with Rozena?

    You make your own point, I make mine. I used the thing long enough to make my own points about it.
  5. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    So what would be the ratios with a non-tacky rubber?
  6. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    Let's make it clearer. Do you think the ratio is the same when seriving with a non- tacky rubber and if not, what would be the ratios of brush and hit using a non-tacky rubber to get the same effect?
  7. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    Thin brush or thick brush?
  8. What’s NOT good with Rozena?

    This may be true, but spin isn't everything. Some people will block with Tenergy and that might lose the same amount of points they gained from the spin of Tenergy had they blocked with Rozena. Not being like Tenergy isn't the end of the world and Rozena does have good spin.
  9. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    I disagree I got that from Merlin. If I asked you the question, does it require thicker contact and a more effortful swing to serve backspin with a tacky rubber vs a non-tacky rubber, I am not sure I would get a straight answer. I think that relative to when I serve with non-tacky rubbers...
  10. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    If you had said tacky rubbers can generate more spin on backspin serves, but they require more effort to get that spin, no one would be arguing with you. You seemed to imply that using similar serving motions, it is easier to get more spin on a backspin serve with a tacky rubber, and the point...
  11. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    I can agree with the conclusion even if I disagree with the logic that got you there - yes tacky rubbers can be useful for many styles, just as non-tacky rubbers are. Whether it is because tacky rubbers generate more spin on a backspin serve or are easier for "lower level players" to use to...
  12. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    I can't remember anyone having used the phrase "strong hit" before this thread. I usually try to figure out what someone is trying to say, rather than strictly imposing what I think words mean into what they mean. It doesn't make me right, it is just my approach. And when someone says "strong...
  13. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    I am not alone (I suspect merlin, zeio and blahness would agree) and have pointed out that even on a pure backspin serve, to get more rotation, you hit upwards on the front of the ball, and to do that and get the ball to release from your rubber, you need more effort do do so with a tacky...
  14. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    If that is what you think I am trying to do, sure. I am trying to make the point that on backspin serves, my contact with tacky rubbers is much thicker than it is with non-tacky rubbers. The technique is much more active.
  15. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    I think you don't want to make a distinction between "more effort" or "thicker contact", which is what is meant by "strong hits". As zeio pointed out, the contact one makes on a backspin serve with tacky rubber involves a bigger swing (or actually more powerful swing) than that with a...
  16. Tacky rubbers recommendations

    My short backspin serve with ESN non sticky rubber or even Tenergy is heavier than any backspin serve I can produce with Tacky rubber, to get the same with tacky rubber, I have to put in more effort. It's not as straightforward as you are making out.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The thing is that side of the ball contact makes heavy spin easier to control so he is likely relying heavily on your incoming topspin. Of course, you have options to decide his game within your framework. The assumption of course is that he isn't inherently a good player. I have played lots of...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is hard to hit sidespin loops from the middle of the table, admittedly fading from the backhand is annoying, but it is usually a different animal from a forehand hook. That said you do seem to have solutions and some are promising. But avoid creating an angle and refusing to cover it. If...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Give it a shot you might surprise yourself. In fact, more and more players are punch blocking from behind the table in rallies, my practice partner hits quite a few in matches and it is more annoying than topspin to br honest. The first principle of TT practice is to test things out, avoid...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Move the ball around, more towards their elbow, quality isn't the only way to win points in table tennis. Sometimes sequencing shots slightly differently avoids certain possibilities and even moving the ball 6 inches to the left or right can totally change the trajectory of a point.
Top