Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Let me put in a minor plug for Golden Tango, used by Jishan Liang and the highest rated adult learner I know (currently 2350+) on the forehand. Of course, H3 is a fine rubber - the $40 Golden Tango (megaspin price) is a simpler solution IMHO. But there is probably also some benefit to you for...
  2. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    1. 09c was actually a rubber desired by top Butterfly players who wanted to competed against the edge tacky rubbers gave in the short game, but didn't want something as slow. As Timo will tell you, he played a big role in getting the balance right. 2. It is made with the tack, but is not...
  3. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    Well, one of the top players in US, Jishan Liang, uses the rubbers I use. And I know very good players who use my rubber on forehand so I am okay with it. I can get it for around $40 now. But if the prices gets higher, then I will just go to Hurricane 3 Neo. I think my technique is headed...
  4. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    I am not a fan of the durability of the Hard Tenergy either. But at least it stays a bit more consistent for longer, while 09c is just a worse version of every cheap tacky rubber out there after its sponge is gone. But for the time period most pros use these rubbers, it doesn't matter. For us...
  5. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    IF you consider the backhand punch important, 09c is in the wrong direction. However, if you think short pushing and power topspin on backhand are your thing and you have the power to spin consistently, then 09c is possible. But if you have never used tacky rubber on either side, it is better...
  6. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    D09c dries out in a way that I think the longevity argument for it is not as strong. Just my 2 cents.
  7. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    So I think sponge hardness is often more about style/feeling and desire for speed (or conversely power with spin) than about playing level to be honest. If you swing fast and you have big strokes with thick contact, D09C can work quite easily - the ball will not be released as quickly as with a...
  8. Rich highlights, match and training videos

    Remember that a lot of physical therapy is really resistance training to build the right muscle structure around the joints and tendons. So if you have an issue, a really good physio should be able to diagnose and present a good approach including rest. Some stuff takes time to balance out...
  9. Butterfly Garaydia zlc or Viscaria super ALC

    The vibrations are part of the point, you need to use your technique to reduce them by hitting the ball better, more consistently in the sweet spot.
  10. Rich highlights, match and training videos

    That's why you need to get in those squats and deadlifts, especially in the off season. Just saying...
  11. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    While I agree that signs of adiposity or even looking thick without adiposity is not the same as being unfit, he might be heavier than coaches would ideally like him to play at. But in one match, he can beat good players because playing at the top in ranked tournament play is more than just...
  12. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    The fact that you put "hold" in quotes tells me you know this is a trolling question. Post video of your loops vs backspin and then we can have this discussion. Otherwise, understand that language is full of metaphors and learn from this video (if you ask the video creator questions about...
  13. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    I can fully accept that he might be the odd exception to the adult learner curve. After all, he claims he has been able to train with high level players almost full time for a year. But I have seen enough people troll and lie about such stuff on the internet that it is best to allow them to...
  14. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    We all agree more than we disagree. It just became an ego battle because the goalposts changed as someone had argued you had to be fit to be a top ranked player and confused that with that you had to be fit to play high level table tennis. That's partly why I posted the Doran video, the role...
  15. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Posting this here as I think it has info that might help people.
  16. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Even pros don't do everything, but this is going away from the main question. Topspin is the dominant style but the main thing that the pros do is win matches. What you need is solutions and solutions at one level may or may not work at another level but it is rarely about doing everything...
  17. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Everything is relative to level, even Ma Long and Waldner don't topspin all the time. So someone who plays flat will not play flat all the time, but they will use it to make their lives easier. You don't have that blocking option in tennis. Even He Zhi When doesn't block all the time.
  18. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Being fit is a factor in chess as well. Very few here would argue that it is necessary to be fit to play good chess. Being fit just helps with a log of things, from breathing to stamina and sometimes strength. But the fitness demands of table tennis are very different from those of soccer or...
  19. Video Footage Safe Thread

    From a Nigerian who only played serious TT after being coached in the US, I get told I play a Nigerian style.by people who know Nigerians and I honestly have no clue what that is - maybe because Nigerians often return serves haphazardly and rely on rally skills to save them. More seriously...
  20. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    It is entirely understandable that if you train with national level players that you don't think there is anything special in the above average amateur level. Hopefully you will share some of your training so we can put your comments in proper context. For the original post, I have provided...
Top