Search results

  1. Technique advice for me

    That's the main point - when I say reset, sometimes, it is as simply as being ready to move and making sure you are always balanced enough to move. Since you have built out legs, you can probably do a bit more than most of us who have one leg significantly stronger than the other.
  2. Technique advice for me

    If you reset your feet during warm ups while looping (whether or not you have to move), it will go a good way towards building footwork habits that will help you in TT since just about every movement requires some kind of hopping to be performed efficiently.
  3. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    I am not that strong a player, but anyone who says I am average is revealing their experience with table tennis.
  4. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    When you post video of yourself playing, we can have this discussion. My USATT record speaks for itself. I started playing at age 34 and have rheumatoid arthritis. Very few people see me play and think I started playing at an age when most of them had been playing all their lives. You can...
  5. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    People should watch this match and comment. In case you don't know who the loser is (he currently plays in Bundesliga):
  6. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Whether a fitter player usually plays better is a different question from whether a fit body is required to play what most would consider high level table tennis. I doubt you would beat the guy whose video I posted above yet you keep acting arrogantly as if it is a moot point. There are many...
  7. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Yes but this is not capturing the whole story either respect to touch play, spin and technique.
  8. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Eugene Wang was in the top 100 as was Liang Jingkun before he lost weight. And top 100 is not the point. The point is whether TT is like Tennis or not. It isn't. There is an athletic component but Walxner will beat most of us here even when he is 60 with a beer belly, whether he is fit or not
  9. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    You are being pretty polite to be honest - correlating table tennis play with physique so strongly can only be done by those who have not played table tennis widely enough.
  10. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    Nah, this is not quite was NDH is talking about. Some people literally make up stuff with next to no experience with good TT and no serious study of high level play, you have to see them play to know that they are completely inventing stuff. Nobody I know of recently qualifies apart from maybe...
  11. Is body type giving any form of advantage?

    A common mistake is to confuse adiposity with fitness level. Often related but not quite the same thing. And very often, being heavier means you are stronger and that has an effect on TT power.
  12. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    The racket may be good for your game if your age can handle it. I personally don't like too much catapult anymore, I just prefer to generate the power myself so I know what I put in is what I am getting. I just need to be more calculated on serve return with it. But at least you have your old...
  13. Developing player with some potential :)

    Are you left handed? It sounds like you are largely in a good situation. Better player doesn't necessarily mean better coach, especially for a specific player. It is more important as an adult learner go find good mentors who invest time in you and the fact you and your coach review your...
  14. Developing player with some potential :)

    This is really not an equipment discussion but in any case, you have.a coach.
  15. Developing player with some potential :)

    I actually disagree, you just need to open your racket a bit more for heavier balls. That is the standard way to loop heavy chop.
  16. Developing player with some potential :)

    This is not as good as blahness video but it makes some of the same points and is another perspective.
  17. Developing player with some potential :)

    This is how my second coach taught me to approach backspin (he also added in avoiding the main spin axis). So I have never had that fear of heavy chop that most people have. It's partly why I teach wrist flexibility because you can compensate for some of the angle requirements with...
  18. Developing player with some potential :)

    @zouless, Let me give you my honest opinion, which you may not want. You can spend a lot of time working on footwork basics, but other than spin reading which is always the X factor in my view as you can't tell whether someone can handle the challenges of serve and and serve return well, there...
  19. Developing player with some potential :)

    So you haven't played that much. Well you have a lot to learn and hopefully it will work out as you play more. Are you happy with your current improvement trajectory?
  20. Developing player with some potential :)

    Swing is too long usually means the upper arm not being driven by the body movement. In the video posted here, you can see your upper arm is still going by itself well after you have contacted the ball. You have a lot of power but you use too much upper arm to play the ball. Just do a short...
Top