Search results

  1. Westchester Table Tennis?

    I used to live 15 minutes away from my club where I had 24-7 access. Now I moved to another state and I can only play on weekends and usually have to drive 40 minutes to play. I guess the lucky ones are the ones who never get their wills tested.
  2. Westchester Table Tennis?

    Will is a great guy. They rent the top floor to a real business and I am sure they could make more money if they did something other than TT. But TT is Will's passion and he plays everyday.
  3. Westchester Table Tennis?

    There is a train station there.
  4. Win a Ovtcharov ALC

    Would be nice to see the premade - maybe Dan has a chance! Dima wasn't great at clipoard TT. 11-7 Dima.
  5. Need new FH rubber to my Stiga Cybershape Carbon

    Start with either a very slightly sticky rubber like Rasanter C48/C53 or a Hybrid rubber like K3. Then go from there.
  6. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Let's just say that I have never been particularly impressed by Korean backhand technique videos. Smack the ball - thick contact, usually flat, usually not designed to arc the ball. turn/spin the ball - brush contact, rarely thick unless your sponge is powerful/boosted, usually designed to make...
  7. Rubber throw angle topic again.

    I couldn't find the "LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE" button... to play a mild devil's advocate, I do think sponge hardness has a role here, especially when playing power shots.
  8. Tibhar Hybrid MK review

    Sounds like my kind of rubber - now I just need them to sell it to me! It is a return to the traditional Japanese concept of rubber that was kinda ruined by Tenergy 05 - a rubber that you control, not a rubber that makes you hit powerful shots.
  9. Don't Move that Elbow and Upper Arm All Around You !!

    Something like that but with the intent to spin - at a high level the theory is to avoid where the ball is spinning heavily so you can loop with more ease. Watch top players loop backspin, they don't lift it by smacking into it, they loop and follow through with a curved stroke. The stroke...
  10. Don't Move that Elbow and Upper Arm All Around You !!

    What do you think is wrong with hitting the ball long as long as you are getting good spin? It is better to get good spin and vary the contact point than to use suboptimal technique and put the ball on the table consistently in practice. Because remember, you will be forced to vary the contact...
  11. All Japan Table Tennis Championships-2023

    Deserving winners. They both played great. Harimoto played well, but he still has to figure out how to impose his offense better against good offensive players rather than rely on his counter punching style. I feel that because he and Togami are on the same team, Togami is not as bothered by...
  12. All Japan Table Tennis Championships-2023

    It was a bit obvious at that match that Hirano won that Hayata was dealing with injuries, just as Hirano is now, though Hirano's are not as severe. I know we like to make things not a done deal, but to me it would take something extraordinary for Hayata to lose a match in this event.
  13. All Japan Table Tennis Championships-2023

    Everyone is below Hayata's level even if they play good points against her. She just needs to show this form in international matches against the big names.
  14. Rubbers worn pattern for forehand and backhand, is it typical?

    The pattern is too broad, especially on the forehand, for a very good player - my wear patterns are similar, but I find that my backhand wear pattern is better and more high level than my forehand wear pattern, which I am trying to improve by catching the rubber more and more in the sweet spot...
  15. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Getting the confidence to open on backspin takes time. That said, it is rarely a swing issue and mostly always a legs issue - if you can squat/lunge and get low enough to play the stroke vs backspin, almost all the mystery of backspin disappears. Quality serves give you more time and...
  16. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    I think you might have won on other days (after all, the first two games were very close), but your technique and your movement are not at a point where you shouldn't have struggled, though I respect your pride in saying that. Losing to guys like this is part of the improvement process and I...
  17. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    The player I remember most prominently as a tennis player playing table tennis was a 2200‐2300 looper with a forehand dominant style and a lousy backhand. So the tennis player reference is more about style than playing level. I just don't want to focus on tactics but Wright67 will own the guy...
  18. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    This was the original video I wanted to post for you. You don't have to do this tomorrow - what causes injuries in TT is rushing things. Just watch it, look at the wrist exercises and build the strength over time to be able to play with that wrist and finger flexibility. Again, this is a process.
  19. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    You must like tennis players, that is what his opponent was.
  20. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    Ultimately, the fingers over time have to become strong enough that the racket is held more by the fingers than by the palm. I suspect most of your issues are because you have too much of your racket in the palm and then squeeze too tightly with the fingers.
Top