Search results

  1. World Team Qualification Tournament 2020 | Tokyo Olympics

    It's a bit unfair what they have forced this team into. No Jeon Jihee or Yang Haeun who know how to do this in their sleep. They should have at least let Yoo Nam Kyu coach this team. That said, PRK is the worst draw you can get on the women's side.
  2. 2020 World Team Table Tennis Championships

    So Shin Yubin didn't win a single match at the trials. That must be some potential.
  3. 2020 World Team Table Tennis Championships

    Thanks. It would be nice to know all the players since the 5 you provided did lose at times to other players.
  4. If you are a coach. What equipment would you recommend for beginners?

    If the beginner is committed, Timo Boll ALC with H3 Neo or a Mark V type rubber on both sides. If the student is cheap, Yasaka Sweden Classic with a Mark V type rubber or a cheap tensor on both sides.
  5. Tabletennis 11 stock up on Inventory: Butterfly Viscaria ST

    You can't buy Butterfly products from TT11 if you don't live in Estonia (their Butterfly distribution region), I believe. That may be why you haven't gotten a response. They may not ship to you.
  6. World Team Qualification Tournament 2020 | Tokyo Olympics

    Are they scheming up another united Korean team effort for the Olympics? DPR being scheduled to play Korea in both Men and Women is a bit much...
  7. World Team Qualification Tournament 2020 | Tokyo Olympics

    Please share - I have intestinal fortitude and rectitude.
  8. World Team Qualification Tournament 2020 | Tokyo Olympics

    Well, as you said, Yoo Nam Kyu is gone so if this team plays both matches, it represents an acceptance by the new coach and possibly the whole Korean Association/team that the trials results as a whole were more fluke than form. I honestly believe that one-round single elimination trials are...
  9. World Team Qualification Tournament 2020 | Tokyo Olympics

    I hear you. I think the next match will give a fuller picture and then we can place our posts in context. I think what I should really have said is that this match by itself doesn't necessarily entail your conclusion.
  10. World Team Qualification Tournament 2020 | Tokyo Olympics

    Shin and more definitely Suh are part of the weakest team. Maybe you could argue that Choi and Shin are the doubles. But the other players not named Shin and Suh made it through the trials and are part of the strongest team. The real issue is that maybe the doubles pairing limits their...
  11. All Japan Championship 2020 Jan 13-19

    So what is the gossip?
  12. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    It is really funny what a year/match does - ZYL was the golden Child up till 2017 and was almost a lock for the Olympics in some form following the retirement of LXX. Now she is virtually off the team, probably unfairly. Reality bites. Hard.
  13. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    The thing about DN is that a lot depends on what they think her health prospects are like. I know her basic style doesn't do well against ITo, but it is not like Ito wins those matches easily. DN is still a beast under the right conditions (whenever she feels a challenge) and when you look at...
  14. Who produces the best youtube coaching videos

    Yes! Changing behaviors is often really hard. When you deal with someone who hasn't coached anyone seriously, they talk about technique without taking the process of change seriously and often don't talk about the process at all. You clearly do talk about the process and appreciate the...
  15. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    It clashes with their one month internal prep for the WTTTC in March. Maybe they could have sent their junior team at best, but they usually have an all-hands-on-deck approach when preparing for major TT events.
  16. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    I think SYS has a very good chance at the 3rd spot. Age is the only thing working against her and given the titles she has won, that is not saying much. For me, the team is DN and LSW with SYS as 3rd player and XD player. Only injuries or a major setback to either LSW or DN will affect this.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Your racket looks like mine - better BH contact than forehand contact. Now, I am working on 3 things with my forehand: 1. Syncing body and arm rotation. 2. Improving the contact point on the racket on well positioned strokes (I find that the close to the body shots where I can't get a good...
  18. 2020 World Team Table Tennis Championships

    I think the part that only the trials athletes will be Olympics candidates is the sticking point and makes absolutely no sense given the issues in play. I suspect there is something about naturalization that is not being discussed straightforwardly.
  19. Who produces the best youtube coaching videos

    Buyer beware is true, but that a live respected and highly competent coach can damage someone's game is the subjectivity of table tennis because I have never seen it happen. Even good coaches disagree on how to develop a player all the time. But good coaches tend to get improved output from...
Top