Search results

  1. All Japan Championship 2020 Jan 13-19

    Not really. National.champion has earned right to play. Japan will just learn why you don't use stupid selection procedures if you want to win.
  2. All Japan Championship 2020 Jan 13-19

    To be the champ you gotta beat the champ! Congrats Hayata!
  3. All Japan Championship 2020 Jan 13-19

    Hayata is such a nervous wreck. I hope she puts this away. There was absolutely no reason to be so nervous in that 4th game.
  4. All Japan Championship 2020 Jan 13-19

    Wow... Hayata beat Ito? She has to deal the deal or beat Ishikawa. No excuses.
  5. Who produces the best youtube coaching videos

    I think you have been around too much good table tennis to understand how much it matters to understand how much these tutorials can harm people who do not know where the teacher is coming from.
  6. Who produces the best youtube coaching videos

    So, what exactly did that Swedish coach say...;)
  7. 2020 World Team Table Tennis Championships

    What is also telling is that Jeon Jihee couldn't win the internal qualification. This is what some people in the US consider the fairest way of selecting the team.
  8. Stiff 5 ply wood, does it exist?

    Ever heard of the concepts of variance/standard deviation and regression to the mean? As in that you don't play the same way all the time but good days are often followed by a return to the average and bad days by a return to the average?
  9. 2020 World Team Table Tennis Championships

    Interesting. So in Europe people are complaining about Chinese women filling up their National teams and Korea actually has regulations that limit this (not Chinese specific but based on naturalization). Amazing.
  10. Stiff 5 ply wood, does it exist?

    I do think you could benefit from a more hard nosed analysis of your game. Since serve and return of serve are the two most frequently used shots in the game, there is no point if your game is high quality if the two most important shots that you use on every single point andn which influence...
  11. Timo Boll vs Michael Maze | 2020 | Champions League

    I think Maze was playing at his max while Boll had a little to spare.
  12. Stiff 5 ply wood, does it exist?

    This is not the way it is works. Everyone caps out at a specific level where the amount of training they need to improve or to maintain their best level is only possible I'd they are pro or semi-pro. If you are really serious about improvement it is going to come down to relentless practice and...
  13. All Japan Championship 2020 Jan 13-19

    Too many tables not sure which ones to watch...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have all those issues with my forehand too... but I have to work on something and get better at something. I am working hard on my technique and usage of the body and my footwork, but I have a practice partner who really believes I can get a lot out of my game if my power forehand has more...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sure, but in the end, you try to squeeze as much out of your technique as possible and I can see the spin from the improved contact and I even find that I am probably not hitting the actual tip but my contact has improved even on my backhand. And it all depends on how far from the tip I am...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I think I have figured out why my forehand often lacks spin. I hit the ball too close to the center of the racket and too far from the tip. O. My backhand I have always been close to the tip. So this will be my focus in training and matches.
  17. Stiff 5 ply wood, does it exist?

    Yes. I did in the US. Since you use pips, the weight shouldn't be a huge issue for you.
  18. Stiff 5 ply wood, does it exist?

    I can't believe the thread got this far and no one mentioned the Butterfly Mazunov.
  19. Who produces the best youtube coaching videos

    I forgot to add PD, the translations of the Ryu Seungmin tutorials are insightful even to me as a shakehand player. As for the gaps in coaches, I have worked extensively with Brett Clarke so I mostly have biased and positive experiences with Western coaches. I find that once a coach is...
  20. Who produces the best youtube coaching videos

    Those are the Korean channels.i was referring to. Lots of really good stuff if you understand where they are coming from. There is also a guy/channel called TTNuri who does what ERT does but has a very different and far more humble approach.
Top