Search results

  1. Blade differences between brands?

    The problem is also, even if is made in the same factory the brand behind can most likely decide a lot of factors too. For example 2 brands want a blade with the same composition from the same factory but they can still differ a lot based on the glue/glueing method and how the wood is cured...
  2. New xiom rubber: sticky hold and tension acceleration, so another hybrid?

    So what I have read is that the Opera Euro is around 45°, the Pro C 48° and the Pro 50°. I feel like the Opera Pro could be hybridized Dignics 05 with the tacky surface eliminating its rather weak short game, while giving more power in harder hits. Price is fine too with 56 Euros. Still produced...
  3. W968 Replica from Aliexpress

    I own a replica such as the one shown above (roughly payed 30bucks). Quality wise it is not so good, the veneer shows a big dark spot, the carbon is sticking out and is kinda annoying to hold. But in terms of dimensions it seems like a 1:1 copy. Mine had a weird dissonance indicating poor...
  4. Central Blade Thread (EJ welcome)

    Thank you for the recommendations! I was thinking H3 Neo or other Chinese style rubbers such as Quanshibao F1 for FH. For BH either stick with a Dignics or something similar and light. I try to aim for 100-120 Euros in the end and below 100g of combined weight. I measured just now and it is...
  5. Central Blade Thread (EJ welcome)

    Little update: I started to really like it. I have gotten used to the feel and balance it offers and my shot quality is back to how it used to be. Sanded the handle a little. Im actually at the point where the my old blade feels odd. Still I will try other rubbers in the future, because two...
  6. Xiom Icecream AZXi

    I think it was the other way around. ALC for power and ZLC for dwell I believe. Not sure which one was more crisp feeling overall since I have not played the same rubbers with it for a long time. I spent 99% with it ALC forehand and ZLC backhand to clarify. Speed wise it is rather fast for...
  7. Central Blade Thread (EJ welcome)

    Hey, after a few months of playing semi actively I wanted to give my thoughts on the Stiga Surge Hybrid Carbon. Since I dont want to write a proper review and just splatter some thoughts, I will write here. So I got this blade to be my substitution for the Xiom Ice Cream AZXi I played with for...
  8. Is this blade legit? (Stiga Inspira Plus)

    Looks more or less legit. Comparing it to my Stiga blade which is primarily sold in the chinese market, it also came in a similar box, despite the price. And it was sealed in plastic typical for chinese blades. Eventhough it is produced in Korea. Seems like with the Inspira that it is just re...
  9. Back playing after 25 years

    Have fun!
  10. True Comparirison Speed and spin rubbers with Spin Sight with Dan

    Is he able to hit with full potential on every rubber though? And is Spinsight sufficient enough? When I hit full power I never got a reading on speed, sadly. In general I like the idea if we add speed of different strokes and not focus on maximum reached. Low power, medium, max. With spin, flat...
  11. Doubt.. Dignics 05....

    Dignics 05 is plenty fast, but you have to reach the speed first. Perhaps you brush too much and need to learn to hit through and make use of the sponge and blade?
  12. Why did DHS skipped 4, 5, 6, 7?

    Now the question, will there be a successor to the H3 anytime soon? Or atleast this decade. I mean the Neo is turning 20 soon and the og steers towards 30.
  13. Fastarc G1 vs Mantra Pro H on backhand

    Yes Z2 really is overpriced outside of Japan, where it cost the same as G1. On sale one of if not the best Daiki rubber. I wonder where Blastac will settle in. Mainly played Z2 on FH due to many circumstances leading to that, but when I tried it on backhand it was definetly more forgiving and...
  14. Blades Limba-Limba-ALC-Kiri-ALC-Limba-Limba

    I think the Xiom IceCream AZXi had this, only with ZLC on the other side. Perhaps the Artemis ALXi has it aswell? I liked the feel of the AZXi the double limba gives it a nice hard touch, but still more feel as Koto top for example. Good balance I feel. Now that I play Limba-Ayous-C-Ayous I...
  15. Average to Pro Table Tennis Serve in 7 Days!

    Made a few serves with around 45-50 rps iirc, pretty alright despite having 6 month old rubbers that dont even fit, a new blade I barely tried and knee issues on top. I felt those balls slip a lot, probalby the usual dusty thingy when new. (Once those excuses are gone it will most likely be 55rps😂)
  16. Average to Pro Table Tennis Serve in 7 Days!

    Just got my Spinsight balls in on the same day as this came out. So 70rps is the score to beat, lets see if I can even get close :D
  17. Rumour new Butterfly rubbers

    I think I saw an orange Tenergy sponge on Patrick Franziskas blade in his last TTBL match against Bergneustadt. Atleast it looked like it on my camera when I zoomed in between sets. And if I am not mistaken he was spotted with T09c in a WTT turnament once before. Originally I wanted to check...
  18. Thinner rubber inherently less spinny than thicker rubbers?

    It can have many reasons. Hitting style and adaptation period are often a factor. Also the added speed might let you perceive the spin to be less while it could be the same, numerically speeking. A ball with 130rps at, lets say, 10kph is harder to control and feels a whole lot spinnier than a...
  19. Fake DHS W968?

    For a W968 I don't know for sure. As I said, the regular Long V has it. So I just assume W968 will have it too. And judging from the picture I saw (hopefully real w968s) they have it aswell
  20. Fake DHS W968?

    The dragon on the back of the handle should be metal in the original, atleast for regular Long 5 that is the case. My 30 Euro fake W968 looks very similiar if not the same to the one shown
Top