Search results

  1. China Open 2019

    People continue to misunderstand HT, it is not about the BH rallies but about the speed of his game.
  2. China Open 2019

    For me, it is fairly obvious that the players of today are not WH or ZJK quality for age or technical reasons. It is also fairly obvious to me that ML is a GOAT. Can we move on and stop giving silly arguments for what we already believe because we aren't mature enough to handle disagreement?
  3. China Open 2019

    This win over LGY does the same thing. Harimoto looks better and better in perspective. It also means that even with the gap in experience, FZD, LJK and LGY might be closer together than I thought after Marvelous 12.
  4. China Open 2019

    Lin is tilting...
  5. China Open 2019

    WMY served the same way vs LSW as well. I think she just prefers to get returns from that point on the table. I suspect coaches will encourage her to change this later but this will likely be forever her preferred mode of play.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The last two times I played this event, I was a lower seed (maybe #4) and lost in the round robin one match and the elimination one match. So I will take the wins when I can get them.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The camera angle makes it hard to evaluate the strokes but as always, your body work is good which is what counts more. But the strokes themselves, I don't know. You should be getting more separation from your body with your backhand stroke, so you should be leaning backwards a little while...
  8. China Open 2019

    Which Carbonado is Chen Meng using?
  9. China Open 2019

    There.
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Played Princeton U2000 event today. I had this stomach flu yesterday from bad eating and watching the China Open. I thought I was going to cancel but I felt a bit better and decided to go play anyways. So I had gone to a training camp in Florida for TTEdge and I finally learned to enjoy...
  11. Advice on new BH rubber.

    Just go back to the old blade, blade feeling is not a trivial thing and if a blade feels too fast, it probably isn't worth using unless you train 6 hours a day like a pro when every change is possible. I learned this the hard way and tried to use Boll ALC but no matter how hard I tried, I...
  12. China Open 2019

    I think that ML's 4-1 win is partly the reason for that. Hard to get excited when ML put a major dent in anyone's feelings that Fan might be catching up. And that dent kinda extended itself to the whole TT universe. Harimoto and LGY/XX may get their chance, but other than someone beating ML...
  13. China Open 2019

    It's a bit amusing that other than Ma Long upsetting Fan Zhendong (yeah, that kind of upset), the semis still feature the top 4 seeds.
  14. China Open 2019

    You do realize that when someone gives a ball arc, it means that the trajectory of the initial ball is disturbing them, right? I agree with you in a sense, but you need as a coach to formulate strategies within the skill set of the player. And IMO, the real problem with this match was that...
  15. China Open 2019

    Well, you watched the match, you can tell me how effective his coaching was. I know enough about TT to tell when a coach is BSing.
  16. China Open 2019

    Why would Kasumi not like them? She wouldn't like zeio, but it doesn't mean she doesn't like his subs.
  17. China Open 2019

    Now you sound like Li Sun... ZYL: She isn't missing... LS: Give her balls that make her miss!
  18. China Open 2019

    People were excited just because of those highlight plays. I don't understand why to be honest. The match went exactly as I expected.
  19. China Open 2019

    Amazing match point. Not sure whether WCT running forehand or Harimoto block was more impressive.
  20. China Open 2019

    Harimoto has significant lateral movement on his serve, even with a high toss. Blame the serve rules again...
Top