Search results

  1. China Open 2019

    No it's not though I can somewhat see how you took it that way. Hope that helps. Cheers.
  2. China Open 2019

    The women CNT and coaching staff should be the stars of a Game Of Thrones TV series.
  3. China Open 2019

    I suspect it was ball starting over the table.
  4. China Open 2019

    I am not sure why people are excited for Timo vs XX. Maybe 2 years ago and I am not sure whether I would be excited even then. Hopefully, Timo will not be a duck and I can get excited a little but I have my.doubts.
  5. China Open 2019

    Remind me never to make fun of you.
  6. China Open 2019

    Most people are joking about this. Isn't it obvious?
  7. China Open 2019

    Do my eyes deceive me or is WCT now a forehand player? https://youtu.be/MKAGOA4e4Vo
  8. China Open 2019

    Can we thank Liu Shiwen once more for getting rid of this mercy point nonsense? My best moment was watching Pistej get bageled then trying to do his tasteless table tennis to get back into the match.
  9. China Open 2019

    I counted them even before I saw the official stat because I didn't watch the match live and was amazed by the score. 10-5, then he got the ad from 10-10 to 14-14. LGY got his first match points at 15-14 and 16-15. That match was so close that either player could have won 4-0. Dima got...
  10. China Open 2019

    Sometimes, we talk as if winning the big one is about handling nerves. IMO, the power deficit that LGY has relative to FZD and LJK is significant and real and makes him a #3 and probably in time a #4 as other players like WCQ develop. But he can get lucky and his speed helps. But his issue is...
  11. China Open 2019

    I don't think this is fair or right - what has Dima choked away? Losing to players is not the same thing as choking, otherwise all players are chokers.
  12. China Open 2019

    Well, I said he was the clear favorite and that the only reason why one could give Pitchford a chance was past head to head. The thing is that everyone is looking for a story or a reason for a match to be exciting. But Harimoto was the clear favorite. People just look at things other than the...
  13. China Open 2019

    Seriously. Dima is a Tier 1 opponent of China and has beaten LGY before. China Open is one of the biggest tour events for many reasons. Not once but twice, LGY came back from huge deficits and in total saved 9 match points. And it supposedly doesn't count? I think I need to remember that...
  14. China Open 2019

    Huh???
  15. China Open 2019

    Hirano is looking much more like 2017 Hirano. Hope the trend continues because she needs it.
  16. China Open 2019

    She's already achieved pretty much all Fukuhara ever achieved, let's not go there. She doesn't need to change the way he plays, she just needs to win - she is not going to win playing like Ishikawa, the Chinese are too conisistent for that.
  17. China Open 2019

    Looking at the draw, has there been a tighter draw at an ITTF tournament in the plastic ball era? Even the past-prime players are legends. And even the player no one likes is tricky and he is playing Fan Zhendong so it makes no difference. Great event!
  18. China Open 2019

    No, Harimoto won the grand finals on December last year which took his world ranking to 4th. This is easily over half a year since his losses to Pitchford. If we look at who Harimoto has lost to this year, other than An depending on how you view him, nothing to be ashamed of. And in the Last...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Ah your coach once beat Eugene Wang in US Open. I think he lost to Ueda in the semis or the final. Very wristy style that I loved taking the ball very early.
  20. China Open 2019

    He looks like a duck out there.
Top