ALC, ZLC, ZLF.....what are the differences in real life?

Which type do you prefer the most?

• Innerforce ALC

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Innerforce ZLC

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Innerforce ZLF

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Timo Boll ALC

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Timo Boll ZLC

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Timo Boll ZLF

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Others

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
If we read each one characteristics scientifically[if those are the right words] then we may define each usage or performance for games playing, but if someone using it in games for a while, how much he will find out if it is matching the description from manufacturer or anywhere else?

Also, if 2-3 different players using same blade and all having almost same playing style but then each will give different reviews or impressions, who should we trust or he is right?

So, if you have the option of going with one of those 3 composite types blades, which one you will prefer?

And can you really define each one playing role? forget about the weight and the design or the price, just what effect/impact of each those carbon or whatever material can add to the blades for playing style.

In addition, to make some voting way to see, i will list the blades [only Butterfly] that i am interested in to see which is the best choice or seller if you will!!!

Innerforce ALC
Innerforce ZLC
Innerforce ZLF
Timo Boll ALC
Timo Boll ZLC
Timo Boll ZLF

Another recommendations are welcome

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I think there is a difference between them. Different materials give different feelings. I think that Arylate-Carbon is the most popular material that Butterfly produce... But I am not sure if that is because the ZLC and the super ZLC blades are just too expensive. I think you can not go wrong with any ALC blade. I have just ordered a viscaria after having used the Timo Boll ALC for four months..... I'm sure it will almost be identical

This user has no status.
i think this is just commercial crap but peoples buy it

Well, in this life, this is not the only thing which just a commercial crap, we do that in other things too, so doesn't matter if we do it in TT too, we just buy, crap or not and we believe that there are some special in what we buy if it is more expensive or branded or whatever,.... go figure!!!

This user has no status.
I think there is a difference between them. Different materials give different feelings. I think that Arylate-Carbon is the most popular material that Butterfly produce... But I am not sure if that is because the ZLC and the super ZLC blades are just too expensive. I think you can not go wrong with any ALC blade. I have just ordered a viscaria after having used the Timo Boll ALC for four months..... I'm sure it will almost be identical

Maybe, sometimes we just f... up our mind to say there is a difference, or the manufacturers want us to believe there is, in all cases, we have to choose something or go with all to see by ourselves, so that i asked this assuming maybe someone very curious tested them or most of them who can tell the difference.

So why you want to go with Viscaria after month with TB ALC blade? what did you see/find with that TB ALC that you want to change it?
I was very close to buy TB ALC, but the coach was showing me many blades and suddenly i saw a very popular name, Zhank Jike, so i bought that without thinking even it is the cheapest of the ZJK blades from BTY, the normal one, and sure it wasn't cheap too, but for me this year is the year of buying stuff only and maybe from next year or even nearly end of this year i will stop buying and start seriously to play and practice.

Someone in my city club bought a TB ZLC, and somehow he is happy with it, he is a very good player, trained and became very tough high level, i hope i can reach his level or even pass him but i have time, so if he decided to go with ZLC either it was his plan or others recommendations it means it is good enough blade, i see that ALC and ZLC are the top popular over ZLF, and in my country, i swear i didn't see one Innerforce blade yet, and i am shocked to see many are Tenergy lover mostly, it is like every 4-6 blades i check there is 1 blade without Tenergy rubber on any side, and i thought people complaining about its price then.

My JM ZLC sounds good but i misjudged it or underestimate it, it was my technique, because someone else has the expensive version of this JM, the super ZLC with Tenergy rubbers, and he tested mine and i tested his, and he told me he couldn't or very barely can see the difference, and he is a very good player almost a coach too, and he told me i have to improve my technique so it will be a great racket in my hand, and he liked this SZLC already from what i see and he teaches using it.

Well, i really don't know what that Arylate can do different than Zilan or Fiber, but sure i think they are carbon to give less weight for the blades, not sure if the carbon has an effect on speed too compared to all wooden blades.