Fan Zhendong ZLC vs Timo Boll ZLC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Hello. I'm currently playing Mizutani zlc. I like the feel of the ball, good control of this blade and good speed. I don't like this handle. I get calluses. I also want more options with flat play.
I want to consider the koto+alc option. I think it will be better to squeeze the rubber. Will I lose control? I want to have a stable block, stable drive and confident topsin.

Will the height of the arc decrease significantly? What I like about Mizutani is the height of the arc.

I played FZDALC a while ago and really liked the handle. Therefore I am more inclined to FZDZLC.

Can anyone tell if there is a difference between Fan Zhendong ZLC vs Timo Boll ZLC? Many reviewers wrote that the real thickness of the FZDZLC is 5.2 mm. And the thickness of TBZLC is 5.5 mm. The blades should be different. Y.Y LINK praised FZDZLC for its good balance. Many high class players play TBZLC. Like for example Kirill Gerasimenko. When he started playing with this blade his game improved and he recently won a tournament WTT.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: toncsipapa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I don't know other's, but mine is 5.6, and 5.2 is kinda weird.

Attachments

• 20230930_121555.jpg
    20230930_121555.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20240127_180902.jpg
    IMG_20240127_180902.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Thank you friend. Did you like this blade? Are there any special features of the blade? Is the arch high compared to the alс? There really aren't many reviews. Thanks.
I don't really play with it now, arc kinda flat, but speed ok compared to alc, more automatic blocking and energy save than inner and alc, but far from table I would say not as powerful as inner blade, the blade I compared it's stiga wmy blade and W 968. Since my vis damaged and give to my friend . So I can't compare to alc. But compare to salc, lack of punch power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I don't really play with it now, arc kinda flat, but speed ok compared to alc, more automatic blocking and energy save than inner and alc, but far from table I would say not as powerful as inner blade, the blade I compared it's stiga wmy blade and W 968. Since my vis damaged and give to my friend . So I can't compare to alc. But compare to salc, lack of punch power.
Thanks for the answer. Did you like salc better? If you chose, would you buy SALC or ZLC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Thanks for the answer. Did you like salc better? If you chose, would you buy SALC or ZLC?
I will say alc, salc, some of the salc eighter too fast or lack of far from table power, I have vis salc still, I don't like the long rally, even you use your strength the blade can't direct it to the ball, not like fzd alc, you give 60% power, the blade will have you power to the ball. ZLC with koto top same issue. I don't know your style and level, but as you ask , I will recommend alc over zlc. If you like automatic blocks go for szlc.

Reactions: zizka