Mizutani in the Russian League - Strange performance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
omg!!!
for the first time I feel completely identified with a pro player.....
it's like looking at a mirror

-he serves with bh. too much effort to serve fh, need to move a lot.
-he doesn't go all the way to the middle of the table to dry his hand. it's too far. he dries it in his short.
-5:40 naaaa ball is too far away, give me another one.
-7:17 scratches his back like "this is way too boring, I need some french fries, a coke, a tv and a massage sofa"
-0-2 9-10 -> misses last serve. goes out like a boss.

This user has no status.
What is going on here does anyone know? Mizutani doesn't even shake his coaches hand or team mates at the end. I don't think this was just a poor performance from Jun, something else must be going on...

yes, i think there's some problems with him and his team, not only he didn't shake or make any gesture to his coach and mates, they also didn't even look at him or make any gestures at all... either he's being told to lose the game, or he's doing it to spite the team. by the reaction of his team mates, it's not a sudden move, so the problem must have had existed even before the game/event.

Reactions: brabhamista
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
yes, i think there's some problems with him and his team, not only he didn't shake or make any gesture to his coach and mates, they also didn't even look at him or make any gestures at all... either he's being told to lose the game, or he's doing it to spite the team. by the reaction of his team mates, it's not a sudden move, so the problem must have had existed even before the game/event.
After watching the video, I'm pretty sure that he did this to harm his team. At 6:35 you can see Vlasov and Shibaev trying to encourage him... I guess that there has been a dispute going on between Jun and UMMC. I definitively consider Mizutani capable of boycotting this way, just as he wanted to boycott the World Tour in 2013.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
How is this affecting your current play ? Can you please explain. The hooked wrist was in vogue earlier and recently the straight wrist is been expounded. However, I think the straight wrist is used, to build technique by reducing the number or moving parts , giving the player feeling of having a very direct contact with the ball and then later on when the technique is in place letting player use a more loose wrist, so that then can uncock the wrist at the point of contact and as long as you are doing that you should be good and thereby adding the rest of the 10% that comes from the wrist. I haven't noticed in international Pros, anyone using the straight wrist completely. I have seen Fan Yijong from oregon keeping the wrist straight in practice or warm up but letting it go when in actual play. I personally prefer to use a lot of wrist in my loops but then it has pros and cons, pros being you will be able to loop really heavy backspin especially with side spin that going away from your forehand , e.g. super heavy hook or punch serve , however its very easy to lose the timing on your forehand if you are not in constanct practice. Hope this helps ....

Wrong thread :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Pathetic, Gusev nearly end up beating himself. Jun was trying as hard as possible not to win but this Gusev guy was persistent at making the score tight lel. I liked the 3rd game where the coach was talking to him. "Dude he is not even ****ing trying you have to out-worst him and miss more balls. We know you suck but today you are in good shape and some how putting them more on the table than usual.....go, go Gusev he is waiting for you". Then somehow the score ends up worst and Jun is even more ahead hahahaha By the way, we are lucky Mizutani was serving at the end, he was probably thinking " Jesus H. ****ing Christ, this russian Gusev is trying to boycott my loosing streak. Here is a special serve for you, you prick. Win this!!!!"

p.s This match reminds me when I play against 3rd division players at my club and I try to lose on purpose and sometimes my god I think it's ****ing impossible with all these dickheads around. It seems the less you try, the more the other guys start sucking too. Jun Mizutani should put this moto on his next Butterfly blade " It's Not Easy Losing Sometimes " 7 ply ZLC OFF+

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
-5:40 naaaa ball is too far away, give me another one.
The way he was touching his back, and the fact that he wasn't willing to pick up any balls...
wtf new ball every points o_O
That Mizutani isn't picking up any balls has nothing to do with his health/attitude/play/commitment in this particular match. It's just the way the Russian league regulates matchplay: Don't pick up balls, get a new one from the umpire instead. Supposedly it saves time.

It's not a new thing. The Russian league copied the system from the Chinese Superleague who has used this ball system for 3-4 seasons now.

My take on this is that it isn't about matchfixing. Sure, Mizutani throws the match deliberately, but looking at the footage it seems to me he's losing with the intention of hurting the team for some unknown reason. I wonder what's behind all this. It'll surface all in due time, I guess.