Clipper CC or Clipper WRB?

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I am going to agree. :) And the Optimum Plus is a great blade.

The Applegrene Allplay Senso V1 is a great Allround blade. It is rated All+ at paddlepalace.com but I personally like blades that are All+ or Off- for me. But Optimum Plus is faster and very light. It would be a good choice.

I personally like blades that are 87-90, not too heavy but not too light either. But when I have hit with the Optimum Plus it felt good. The Donic Persson Powerplay Senso V1 is also a great blade. It weighs 85 grams and is an offensive rated blade with good speed and good control.

Hi Carl. Very good thinking here! :)

I also know that the Appelgrene Allplay Senso V1 is rated All+, but with the Calibra rubbers its like Off- in my hands, you need some strenght in your arms to, you know ;)

So I think we shall conclude with one thing; listen to what Azlan, Carl and myself has to say, but in the end you've gotta make your own choice. Go with your heart :)

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I am going to agree. :) And the Optimum Plus is a great blade.

The Applegrene Allplay Senso V1 is a great Allround blade. It is rated All+ at paddlepalace.com but I personally like blades that are All+ or Off- for me. But Optimum Plus is faster and very light. It would be a good choice.

I personally like blades that are 87-90, not too heavy but not too light either. But when I have hit with the Optimum Plus it felt good. The Donic Persson Powerplay Senso V1 is also a great blade. It weighs 85 grams and is an offensive rated blade with good speed and good control.

I also know that the Appelgrene Allplay Senso V1 is rated All+, but with the Calibra rubbers its like Off- in my hands, you need some strenght in your arms to, you know ;)

So I think we shall conclude with one thing; listen to what Azlan, Carl and myself has to say, but in the end you've gotta make your own choice. Go with your heart :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

And I will add, especially for a player who wants to develop powerful shots, it is better to work with an All+ or Off- blade than an Off or Off+ blade. The faster blades do more of the work for you so you do not have to do as much. A little over a year ago, I had a friend who is a pro convince me to switch from my Clipper, which I still have and love, to an Off- blade, the Primorac and then after that I switched to the All+ Cornilleau blade that I am still using. He told me that my stroke would improve and I would ultimately end up with more power and more spin from using a blade that made me have to work a little harder and take a fuller, more powerful and more efficient stroke. I have to really swing through the ball and finish my strokes and as a result, he was right and my level instantly when up a good amount and over the last year my stroke has changed dramatically. I have enough power to kill the ball and put it away on, even good defenders, with a blade that is rated All+.

This user has no status.
And I will add, especially for a player who wants to develop powerful shots, it is better to work with an All+ or Off- blade than an Off or Off+ blade. The faster blades do more of the work for you so you do not have to do as much. A little over a year ago, I had a friend who is a pro convince me to switch from my Clipper, which I still have and love, to an Off- blade, the Primorac and then after that I switched to the All+ Cornilleau blade that I am still using. He told me that my stroke would improve and I would ultimately end up with more power and more spin from using a blade that made me have to work a little harder and take a fuller, more powerful and more efficient stroke. I have to really swing through the ball and finish my strokes and as a result, he was right and my level instantly when up a good amount and over the last year my stroke has changed dramatically. I have enough power to kill the ball and put it away on, even good defenders, with a blade that is rated All+.

But I play with an OFF - blade now and have already amazing power so maybe an OFF+ one will be to fast...
I was thinking about Stiga Optimum Sync.
I'ts almost the samen as Optimum Plus, but lighter and more control (less speed tho)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Or any suggestions to an OFF+ blade?

Well buddy, you did ask our opinion and suggestion for an OFF+ blade....hehehe:D Optimum Sync is not OFF+ buddy, that's why none of us suggested it.

You know what I think, just my personal opinion..if I were to use an OFF- blade, and in order to exert pace to the ball, obviously I have to hit the ball with a lot of power. I am not JM Saive (he uses Clipper CR) and in doing so (hitting as hard as I can), I may miss time the ball and make unforced errors. Plus I get tired quicker..so I might settle for an OFF (medium fast) or OFF+(fast medium) blade. It will give me the same power when I hit all out with an OFF- blade, but by only using a fraction of my energy, thus reducing my focus to produce powerful shots, and help me to focus more on placements and reducing my unforced errors.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But I play with an OFF - blade now and have already amazing power so maybe an OFF+ one will be to fast...
I was thinking about Stiga Optimum Sync.
I'ts almost the samen as Optimum Plus, but lighter and more control (less speed tho)

Okay, if you do have an Off- blade and have been playing with it then I would think of the Optimum Plus over the Sync. Sync is Off- which you already have. It is probably a good blade too but I have to be honest, I have not felt it, whereas, I have felt the Optimum Plus and it is a nice blade. But Optimum Plus costs less, weighs 2 grams less and is faster. So if you want to try out an Off rated blade, it is not a bad choice.

I will still say that one of my favorite blades, me personally, is the Clipper Classic, but, I would weigh my options if I was you.

Another thing to look at, if you want more info, is the Andro Temper Tech Off. Those play really nicely. They are light, fast and have good control. They cost a little more than the Optimum Plus though. The process they are using to prepare the wood is actually cool. I don't know why it works really. I don't fully buy what they say. But, it works; they play really nicely and are pretty light.

This user has no status.
Hey sir carl. Is the clipper and the clipper wood the same thing. Cause when i searched it on google, tabletennisdb provided 2 different pages and the pictures seem different o.o

The Clipper Wood and the Clipper Classic are the same, but there are 3 other Clippers.
Clipper CC, Clipper CR (carbon) and Clipper WRB...

Mar 2011
The clipper blades has been around for 40 years. The oldest is the wood version. I still think with wood, they provide better dwell time...hence better for looping with max spins (depends on the rubber of course).

The WRB system accelerates the blade face enabling faster returns, more power generation and extra touch.

W – Weight balance. The balance of the blade is scientifically moved to the point of ball contact.
R – Rate of recovery. The reduction of blade weight improves the rate of recovery after each stroke.
B – Ball sensitivity. The scientifically positioned handle recess increases the feel and touch.

This user has no status.
The clipper blades has been around for 40 years. The oldest is the wood version. I still think with wood, they provide better dwell time...hence better for looping with max spins (depends on the rubber of course).

The WRB system accelerates the blade face enabling faster returns, more power generation and extra touch.

W – Weight balance. The balance of the blade is scientifically moved to the point of ball contact.
R – Rate of recovery. The reduction of blade weight improves the rate of recovery after each stroke.
B – Ball sensitivity. The scientifically positioned handle recess increases the feel and touch.

So, in the modern game of tabletennis, loop and counterloop, the WRB would be better?

This user has no status.
Finally I got my Clipper this morning :)!!!
It looks awesome!

here are some pics:

P1010136.jpgP1010138.jpgP1010139.jpgP1010140.jpgP1010141.jpg

This user has no status.
Yeaaaa!!!! Congratulations on your new baby Scorpnox!! hahahaha It looks good...I bet you can't wait to have a hit with it. Give it a few days to get accustomed to it, don't expect miracles on the 1st few days.

Thanks :) but fryday i have an important game (we are 1st en we play against n 2) so i wont have a lot of time to get used to it :D

This user has no status.
Yesterday I tested my Clipper for the first time... It was insane!

The first loops I did, went over and were superfast?! The blade is fast and it takes some effort to control the power it has.
I trained and afterwards I played some matches with it...

The feeling is tremendous, you can really feel the bal and do with it what you want. Looping on underspin seems so easy now...

It is a beast and I will need some weeks to learn to controll it, but I know that when I will, watch out out for me
muhahaha :D