Rosewood top ply

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Can you share your experience playing Rosewood with hard rubbers like H3?
I am thinking of getting a Stiga (will be my first Stiga blade), and looking at Rosewood, Clipper with Rosewood top ply (I believe there is a model called Stiga CRW VII as a Clipper with Rosewood top ply).

I have tried Clipper Wood, it feels a bit soft so I am looking at something a bit harder but also suitable for H3 FH.
My level is 2250 USATT, currently playing 968.

Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
I am thinking of getting a Stiga (will be my first Stiga blade), and looking at Rosewood, Clipper with Rosewood top ply (I believe there is a model called Stiga CRW VII as a Clipper with Rosewood top ply).

I have tried Clipper Wood, it feels a bit soft so I am looking at something a bit harder but also suitable for H3 FH.

Thank you!
i cant answer this, but have you considered the rosewood version of 968 if your already familiar w/ the limba one? I think people play european rubbers on these.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Thank you!
Why do you want to switch from the 968? Isn't that supposed to be the best blade available?
I hope you upload your match video sometime, 2250 is very good

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Long story short, don't. The 7 ply rose is hard and fast. You're much better off with the rose 5 or intensity. It's just that the intensity is much lighter, at 80 grams.

The rose 7 is a hard mess of a blade that doesn't have a real purpose other than to be in stiga's lineup. If you want a 7ply, buy the cybershape or carbonado 90.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Long story short, don't. The 7 ply rose is hard and fast. You're much better off with the rose 5 or intensity. It's just that the intensity is much lighter, at 80 grams.

The rose 7 is a hard mess of a blade that doesn't have a real purpose other than to be in stiga's lineup. If you want a 7ply, buy the cybershape or carbonado 90.
Thanks - I've never tried Rosewood before so that's why I am asking. 968 is a fine blade but sometimes its BH lacks stability, sometimes the ball just fell short and the limba feels uncertain.

Maybe I'll just get another 968 with Rosewood top ply and see how it goes.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Thanks - I've never tried Rosewood before so that's why I am asking. 968 is a fine blade but sometimes its BH lacks stability, sometimes the ball just fell short and the limba feels uncertain.

Maybe I'll just get another 968 with Rosewood top ply and see how it goes.
Rosewood is hard but very sensitive. Not in a bad way, it doesn't have issue with delamination and ripping off. It just has a sensitive and delicate feeling. It's best used in the 5 ply version. Stiga absolutely nailed the rose nct v. You have to try it.

My coach used to have one with t05, it was the reason I got my intensity, it was the best racket I've ever used. The intensity is a bit harder and much lighter. It's also a bit cheaper.

Reactions: SlowPower
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Rosewood is hard but very sensitive. Not in a bad way, it doesn't have issue with delamination and ripping off. It just has a sensitive and delicate feeling. It's best used in the 5 ply version. Stiga absolutely nailed the rose nct v. You have to try it.

My coach used to have one with t05, it was the reason I got my intensity, it was the best racket I've ever used. The intensity is a bit harder and much lighter. It's also a bit cheaper.
what is the speed of RW5 like? let's say comparing to Acoustic 5 ply?

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
what is the speed of RW5 like? let's say comparing to Acoustic 5 ply?
I don't know of the the acoustic, but the rose is about 6mm thick and weighs about 95 grams. It's really fast for a 5 ply, I would put it a bit under a viscaria but faster than a clipper. If a viscaria is 9 and clipper 8.2, the rose v would be an 8.7~8.8 in speed.

The thing is that it doesn't feel that way, it has really good feeling that makes it feel controllable, but it is heavy.

It also has a nice thick handle, that puts the weight a bit further back. So it doesn't feel that heavy. The handle feels much like the older generation stiga blades, like the optimum. I think it's called legend handle? Not sure...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
I don't know of the the acoustic, but the rose is about 6mm thick and weighs about 95 grams. It's really fast for a 5 ply, I would put it a bit under a viscaria but faster than a clipper. If a viscaria is 9 and clipper 8.2, the rose v would be an 8.7~8.8 in speed.

The thing is that it doesn't feel that way, it has really good feeling that makes it feel controllable, but it is heavy.

It also has a nice thick handle, that puts the weight a bit further back. So it doesn't feel that heavy. The handle feels much like the older generation stiga blades, like the optimum. I think it's called legend handle? Not sure...

They don't make legend handle anymore.