Table Tennis Shop in Shanghai

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have been to Shanghai and played there many times. I have played at a couple of places but mostly at the Yuanshen sports center in the Pudong section of Shanghai. You can buy paddles and balls there but there selection is limited and the prices are higher than in the US.

off topic.
The Yuanshen sports center has two TT areas. One is the big hall with 24 tables. It has mostly social groups playing. I don't like that area because it isn't air conditioned, there isn't enough room behind the tables and the balls must be chased in the big hall. The good players don't play there.

The other area is where the coaches provide lessons. This is where I like to play. There is a female coach there that is pretty good. I wouldn't pay for the male coaches that seem to be ripping off the students with drills but not correcting mistakes. The coaching fees are very reasonable compared to the US. The female coach has seen me enough times that she send her students to play me. The young ones I try to make look like superman in front of their parents. I just get the ball back, retrieve, and wait for them to make a mistake. The parents cheer their kids. Makes the female coach look good too.

I have seen kids that suck at the game refuse to play or take lessons from the coach. The kids know they suck and are frustrated. This must be frustrating for the parents too. I have seen parents picking up balls for their kids so no time is wasted during the lessons picking up balls. My mother would have NEVER done that for me.

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
Shanghai Tongce Sports Shop
Address: Block 7A, 128 Huayuan Road, Hongkou Distric, Shanghai (near Hongkou Football Stadium)
Metro: Line 8--Hongkou Football Stadium
tongce.jpg